Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Having a bit of problem with burrows  (Read 411 times)

Laggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Having a bit of problem with burrows
« on: February 28, 2012, 03:09:01 am »

I currently have a couple vampires in my fortress, and since they don't seem to have much of a downside, I thought I would try out making my entire fort vampires and see how it is.  Anyways, my problem is that I build a spike trap to splatter my vamp blood before flooding the pit and using the pit as my well, but when I made a burrow and assigned my vampire to it, he doesn't seem to want to go.  I took all of his labors off, so now he's just sitting there with No Job, but still not going to the burrow.

Any ideas?

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: Having a bit of problem with burrows
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 03:09:52 am »

Draft him. Station him there. Remove station.

He should respect burrows.

Laggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Having a bit of problem with burrows
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 03:47:21 am »

Wow, I'm an idiot.  I forgot I had him locked in a room with an impassible door so he couldn't get out.

Another problem now though.  In the course of trying to figure out what was wrong, I accidentally set my civilians to the burrow during the Inactive alert level.  So naturally they all went there.  I removed the burrow, and almost everyone left, but I still have 2-3 dwarves at a time that like to hang out there when they idle and I don't know why.

Sorry for the questions, I'm a bit new to the game so I'm basically trying to figure it out as I go.