Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: bags  (Read 702 times)

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
bags
« on: November 10, 2007, 08:06:00 am »

Is there any way to save my bags for milling/sand? Every time I make a bag some farmer comes and puts 1 seed in it. 1 seed! Then I can't use it. I have made lots of bags but the farmers are thieves.

Freddybear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: bags
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 09:06:00 am »

There should be a way, but there's not. All I can suggest is to plant the seeds or cook them or just dump them to free up the bags. And then make a stockpile just for bags somewhere far away from your still and kitchen workshops, and a seed pile closer to those workshops. If they have to walk farther to get to the bags than they do to just put the seeds in a seed stockpile, they won't monopolize your bags as much.

GrimmSweeper

• Bay Watcher
  • Tome of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 10:08:00 am »

For sand, that's easy, since all you have to do is as you said, Freddybear, shift them away from the food stockpiles. Milling doesn't quite have that option, since some of the end products from a millstone or quern are seeds. And since to keep the process efficient the hypothetical bag stockpile is closer than the hypothetical food (and thus seed) stockpile, so they are going to be used for seeds as well as the milled product.

Workaround is to put a bag stockpile *behind* the food stockpile, relative to the millstone/quern. Bags are going to be used to store seeds, just not as much. The bags in the food stockpile should be filling up first before they search for another fresh bag to put them in.

schm0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 05:15:00 pm »

I remember seeing an option for sand bags in the pile settings screen...

If you select a Furniture stockpile, on the bottom you can toggle sand bags with 'u'.

schm0
-------------
Nuk: lol schm0, u r da funnay
Nuk: i lik u

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 08:10:00 pm »

A bag is not a sand bag until filled with sand, though - up until that point it's just another bag. The sand bag option won't keep farmers from using empty bags - it'll just dictate where, if you DO get to fill a bag with sand, that bag will be stored.
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.