Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: True Adventurers  (Read 3927 times)

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
Re: True Adventurers
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2012, 08:20:22 am »

i'm too much of a badass for companions, chase down my targets and chop there heads off and keep the heads as victory trophies, it is fun messin with zombies once in a wile tho, like my zombie bomb :D
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Dalkar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2012, 08:39:37 am »

I cut off my victim's right ear when they fall unconscious and keep them as trophies. Lighter than heads.

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2012, 08:43:25 am »

I hope you donīt regularly travel to evil regions,
or you might be in danger of ending your life slain by undead ears :D

Dalkar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2012, 09:05:00 am »

Only body parts that can grasp can reanimate, I think. That's why you don't get amputated dwarf legs killing your dwarves, but arms do.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2012, 09:07:45 am »

Only body parts that can grasp can reanimate, I think. That's why you don't get amputated dwarf legs killing your dwarves, but arms do.
Eh... Go into Adventure Mode, Lay Down, and Wrestle. Your Legs can Fight and Kill.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2012, 09:08:14 am »

Dunno, in my travels I regularly anded up with getting attacked by reanimated versions of the skins from the butchered animals I carried with me ... and I think I was also occasionally attacked by reanimated skulls :D

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2012, 09:10:19 am »

ears cant be reanimated and neither can teeth or noses, heads and skulls can tho, so my collection is much more dangerous then his :3
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

terkiey

• Bay Watcher
  • chicken what i need
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2012, 10:37:27 am »

True adventurers probably "use" their slavescompanions as human shields, letting them take all the hits, whereas real heroes experience "fun".

For a real challenge, I start my character as a Peasant, without spending any points in skills, and lowering all my attributes to the minimum. Then attempting to be well known throughout the land. That's like completely hard mode.  8)

Challenge Accepted!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWgGDcBX-YA&feature=youtu.be
Spoiler: P.S (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Meistermoxx
Quote from: Knigel
Does anything bad happen if you accuse someone of being a night creature and they aren't?
Yes, they call you a rasict, and then they shot you and take your cocaine.
[(√[1]/∞)+3!+|Chicken|] / [100^(1/2)]

Dalkar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2012, 12:30:22 pm »

Eh... Go into Adventure Mode, Lay Down, and Wrestle. Your Legs can Fight and Kill.
I tested it in the arena. Legs cannot be reanimated. Arms, hands, heads and bodies can however. Skins and hair can too.

Antonater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2012, 12:44:06 pm »

my old adventurer i started on hero was unbeatable, hehad superhuman strnegth toughness and agility and superior of every other stat,legendary in basically every weapon, had basically killed all the megabeasts...all of them

the trick was to get full armour, find a pack of wolves then lie on the ground and let them level you to legendary dodge sheild and armour. he eventually died of exhaustion bascally when i spent 5 in game days fighting a bronze collosus but has no weapons that could hurt it.

Lexyvil

• Bay Watcher
  • Serenading the folk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2012, 07:12:01 pm »

Challenge Accepted!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWgGDcBX-YA&feature=youtu.be
Spoiler: P.S (click to show/hide)

I think the difference in starting out as a Peasant is that you get easier "Go Kill X" quests at the beginning. Not sure though.
But epic playthrough =P

Edit: I guess swimming should have been an exception, in case someone ends up on a small extinct island and needs to go somewhere else.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 07:16:44 pm by Lexyvil »
My post ends here.

Khym Chanur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2012, 08:33:56 pm »

Some tips:

1) Find a pile of pebbles, set up a macro to use knapping to make sharp rocks and then throw them, then hold down Ctrl-P to repeat it over and over.  Training knapping, throwing and archery will increase your attributes, plus with high skill in throwing and archery you'll be able to wound enemies from a safe distance before going in for the kill.

In more detail:

A) Put your shield and weapon away with "p" so you'll have both hands free.
B) Pick up one pebble from the ground, so it'll be in your right hand.
C) Start recording a macro with Ctrl-R.
D) Pick up a second pebble, which will go in your left hadn
E) Knap the pebble in your left hand by doing "x left-arrow Enter Enter Enter".
F) Throw the sharpened rock away.
G) Press "Ctrl-R" again to finish recording the macro.
H) Hold down "Ctrl-P" for a while to do this over and over.  NOTE: The DF window has to maintain focus while the macro is running, so you'll have to go off to do some non-computer thing for a while.

2) Go find a river, swim in it, make a macro of standing still ("."), then repeat that macro to gain skill in swimming.  This will increase some of your attributes, plus with a higher swimming skill you'll be able to survive falling into water or fighting while in the water.

3) Go for the were-beast quests first and kill them via wrestling.  This will train your fighting skill, which is also used for weapon based combat, plus training your fighting and wrestling skill will raise various attributes.  The easiest way to exclusively wrestle an enemy is to change your combat preferences: press "C", then keep pressing "a" until "Current Attack Preference" is "Close Combat".

4) Go to the various keeps, and in the keeps climb the stairs until you find some unowned loot you can claim (don't worry if there's some z-levels with only the stairs, it's just a rail-less staircase, rather than a bug in layout).  Since you can't find any shops that sell armor, crutches or extra waterskins this is the best place to find them.

5) Go into the dungeons beneath the keeps ins towns, which will also have unowned loot.  These can have bandits, so its best to first get some better gear from elsewhere and also recruit some companions before doing this.
Pages: 1 2 [3]