Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: why are my dwarves getting wounded?  (Read 971 times)

BahamutZERO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
why are my dwarves getting wounded?
« on: May 15, 2008, 02:29:00 pm »

Over the last couple seasons, several of my non-military dwarves have suddenly received serious red and yellow injuries for no reason that I can tell. The military dwarves have gotten a few cuts and bruises sparring, but I haven't the faintest idea what could be making the civilians get hurt. There haven't been any cave-ins, there haven't been any monsters, the most threatening thing on the map is a herd of gorillas which never comes near my fort entrance. I don't have any dwarves hunting. The only traps I have are some stone fall traps in the entrance, some weapon traps in a passage down a cliff outside my fort, and some cage traps I recently installed to try to start a zoo. The only way I even realized they were getting hurt was when I was alerted that one fell unconscious.

What could possibly be going on here?

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
Re: why are my dwarves getting wounded?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 03:11:00 pm »

Tantrums?
Look at the moods of your dwarves; maybe they aren't so happy as you think.
anouncement spamming can hide tantrum anouncments, I think.

BahamutZERO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 04:16:00 pm »

Oh, nevermind, I figured it out. They must have been beaten by the sheriff because I missed a mandate. But I had enough restraints available, so I don't know why he beat them instead of jailing them. Well, mystery... sort of solved.

RickiusMaximus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 04:32:00 pm »

A hammerer don't need no reason- he is the reason...

...then reason nobles rooms are fitted with waterproof doors and sprinkler systems...

quot;A Noble would have to be very fast, very tough, have the ability to breath water, survive a fall from about 30 stories, have asbestos skin, innards made of titanium... then, and only then, would he dare to demand Adamantine items"