Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Weapon-Adventurer-Relationships  (Read 970 times)

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Weapon-Adventurer-Relationships
« on: February 25, 2012, 10:21:49 pm »

Something we have/had in fortress mode (from 0.31, I assume in 0.34 as well)...
i.e. after a certain time wielding the same weapon, a dwarf would get attached to it (getting unhappy if he got assigned another one) ...
also, after a certain number of kills he would name his weapon turning the weapon into an artifact.

So, the interesting question is:
Does this happen in adventure mode as well?
And if yes (for dwarves) ... does it also happen to other races (elves, humans)?

Maybe there are people out here who had their adventurer wield the same weapon for quite some time (probably several months) and can tell, if s/he became attached to it and/or named the weapon

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Weapon-Adventurer-Relationships
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 10:55:01 pm »

So, the interesting question is:
Does this happen in adventure mode as well?
And if yes (for dwarves) ... does it also happen to other races (elves, humans)?

1. Nope
2. All the races get attached
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As long as it's in fortress mode of course!

Berserkenstein

• Bay Watcher
  • A giant humanoid monster with the head of a bull.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 12:05:16 am »

Maybe there are people out here who had their adventurer wield the same weapon for quite some time (probably several months) and can tell, if s/he became attached to it and/or named the weapon
There are some posts of people who use legendary weapons from fortress mode on their adventurer and get tons of kills with that weapon with various different weapons.  I have done it myself, but I have only gotten about a thousand kills or so before I end up losing them.  Legendary weapons are incredibly powerful when you bring them into adventure mode, especially if they are made of steel or better.  As far as naming weapons yourself in adventure mode, I have never seen it happen.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 09:16:30 am »

sadly no, i have 865 notable kills on my longsword, you could say that "I" have become attacked to my kill list but my adventurer is indifferent, he would still be happy even if i went and picked up a more upgraded sword somewhere and tossed this one, BUT kill lists do up the value of a weapon, i could prolly buy out all the shops in any given town in my world with just my sword alone. my shield even has 10+ kills.

it does have 184 other kills and says

"Slayer
Xotano Beastblood the Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire, b. 95, one thousand forty-seven kills"

on the bottom of the list tho
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 09:19:51 am by Xotano »
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 09:37:39 am »

My Adventurer IS My Weapon.

And Adventurers can get Title Thingys.
So Yeah.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.