Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Filthy muck  (Read 687 times)

friendguy13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Filthy muck
« on: February 25, 2012, 10:17:49 pm »

I was adventuring today and found a river filled with a substance called filthy muck it acts like blood when flowing thought the river and turns the water yellow.  Has anyone else seen this before. I did a search for it on the forums and wiki but couldn't find anything.

edit: unlike blood it does not seem to come off while swimming.  Also when you try to drink it it says no that's disgusting.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 10:24:22 pm by friendguy13 »
I find it funny that until now, no one (including myself) stopped to consider the absurdity of a submarine in which the crew cabin is filled with water and the crew is drowning when everything is working properly.

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Filthy muck
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 10:26:15 pm »

I assume you have visited evil regions.
In evil regions rivers arenīt filled with water, but with some other substance (that your adventurer cannot drink)
(in my case it was "disgusting ooze" or the like).

Thereīs nothing you can do about it ... just try to not swallow it while swimming through rivers in evil regions
and take a bath after returning to normal regions :D

friendguy13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 10:32:04 pm »

Alright thank you. Is this new or have I just never noticed it.
I find it funny that until now, no one (including myself) stopped to consider the absurdity of a submarine in which the crew cabin is filled with water and the crew is drowning when everything is working properly.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 10:55:48 pm »

Bring your own ice/booze/water :D

Or drink the blood of something, that works too.

NedeN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 11:00:05 pm »

Alright thank you. Is this new or have I just never noticed it.

I think its new with the update, with all the undeads and vampires and such
I watched a zombie dwarf tear off a girls dress and hit her with it so hard it became lodged in her skull.

Ghoulz - 15 minutes could save you 15% or more on carp insurance.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 12:28:08 am »

I will point out, however, that some of the hardcoded materials that were in the game (although possibly removed by now) were "yellow filth" and "brown filth", which were used in the old .28.x versions of the HFS.  They were found around the tentacle clowns, and were, well, waste product.  As in sewer waste product.

Talking about finding a "filthy" substance that is "yellow", and then telling your adventurer to drink it... well, it kind of made me chortle a little.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare