Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: clowns are after me D:  (Read 1364 times)

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
clowns are after me D:
« on: February 23, 2012, 09:49:26 pm »

for some reason after i became a necromancer clowns started showing up all over the place on the surface causin problems for me, is this normal or is it a glitch somehow bringing them up from underground, currently fighting 2 web shooting ones that are really annoying, dont seem to do much damage and cant really harm my zombies but i cant get close enough to cause any sort of damage.

that and i cant seem to hit the thing when i do get close, legendary fighter swordsman armor shield dodge cant hit a web breathed freak :(

oh yea and i got the numbers wrong apparently there were 3 of them.

not sure what caused it but i think it might have been my 244 zombies.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 10:01:25 pm by Xotano »
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Jalapeño Cheesepuffs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: clowns are after me D:
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 11:26:42 pm »

You positive they are clowns from the HFS? If so, that would be pretty wierd. Unless you traveled near a fortress or some other site that breaches the HFS, I don't see how clowns could come after you.
"The eyes are open, the mouth moves, but Mr. Brain has long since departed"

-Edmund Blackadder

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 06:23:34 am »

You positive they are clowns from the HFS? If so, that would be pretty wierd. Unless you traveled near a fortress or some other site that breaches the HFS, I don't see how clowns could come after you.

Might be unique clowns, which have been confirmed to aggro on zombies/necros/vampires

Salmonpunch

• Bay Watcher
  • Fishing poles are for the weak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 08:25:04 am »

Sounds more like the RNG doesnt like you and you wandered by a ruined fortress with demon prisoners. These prisoners are for unknown reasons friendly with the civ that jailed them, and if you were an enemy of that civ and/or had a pack of zombies with you the prisoners would have turned aggro.

As other people have stated circus breaches only occur

1. from glitched embarks that cave in upon well... embark
2. players digging there.

or that odd bridge glitch toady talked about in the dev blog, but thats fixed now.

This is Gabe Newell, a vast humanoid. He undulates rhythmically. Beware his deadly release schedule!
Oh look, more apocalypse in my cereal.

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 09:13:53 am »

as a necromantic lord of death,you should retaliate with a trip to the circus!!!
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 11:02:33 am »

i think its cus i had such a large amount of zombies that the were for some reason switching places with the clowns, every time i stopped traveling i could see some of my zombies were labled as cant be seen in the c list and they never did return to me when i traveled away some more, i'v fixed it tho by killin all my zombies and shoven em in a bag, so i have a backpack with 214 corpses in it that i can throw at whoever thinks they can kill me and spawn an army on them :D

that and YES! I SHOULD RETALIATE!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 11:07:37 am by Xotano »
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 12:05:11 pm »

I SHOULD RETALIATE!

Hilarity ensues.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 12:26:43 pm »

I SHOULD RETALIATE!

Hilarity ensues.
its ok i will bring my zombie bomb (my backpack with 250 and growing dead bodies in it) :D

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2012, 01:59:47 pm »

I SHOULD RETALIATE!

Hilarity ensues.
its ok i will bring my zombie bomb (my backpack with 250 and growing dead bodies in it) :D

That is a really really wise thing to have. I can't believe I didn't think of storing corpses so that I'd have something to raise when I started adventuring again after retiring my necromancer.
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.