Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dealing with the necro tower zombie swarm in 10 easy steps!  (Read 818 times)

Leif

• Bay Watcher
  • Octopi
    • View Profile
Dealing with the necro tower zombie swarm in 10 easy steps!
« on: February 24, 2012, 05:16:27 pm »

Most of us have been there, and we all have our own way of getting in to those damn towers. Lately I realized that running in and chopping zombies up ain't a good idea, the damn necromancer just brings them back over and over. I think I have found an easy way in that levels your weapon skill pretty damn quick.

Step 1: Find the tower.
Step 2: Grab as many pebbles as you can (I managed this with silty clay)
Step 3: Walk in and draw out the hordes and the necromancer.
Step 4: Whilst keeping a respectable distance, throw whatever at the necromancer
Step 5: After awhile, you should get a lucky hit in. (I shattered his left hand)
Step 6: If he collapses in pain or whatnot, lure the horde away from the immobilized necro.
Step 7: Double back on the horde and maul the necro freely.
Step 8: Now you can easily dispatch the horde.
Step 9: ???????????
Step 10: Profit.
Indeed.

Digger350

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dealing with the necro tower zombie swarm in 10 easy steps!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 05:25:56 pm »

This is good and all, until you realize that most towers have 2-20 necros.

Leif

• Bay Watcher
  • Octopi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 05:26:32 pm »

Yup. Though hey, You'll come out of it with shiteloads of throwing skill ;P
Indeed.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 05:28:56 pm »

pfft, i one man army'd the necro towers, charge in chop the necro in half and beat the zombies down LIKE A BOSS.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 06:04:45 pm »

The answer for most big challenges in the game (except Bronze Colossus - unless you have a Steel SOMETHING to throw at it), is THROW STUFF UNTIL IT DIES (or fall on the ground).

Some Demons and Titans, that's the best approach.
Demons is a very basic thing, to hurt it enough so he falls on the ground.
My char is very, very superhuman, and legendary armor/shield/dodge (had to do some save scumming, but I don't have all the time in the world nowadays, and I want to see how a true superhuman is), yet can be killed rather quickly by a Demon (my char has full iron armor, also).

So, I agree on the throwing tactic. Even if there are many necros, you just keep throwing stuff at them, and go 1 floor at a time (at least the 2 towers I explored, had hatches between floors..which means the other necros didn't come after me until I climbed up).
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Leif

• Bay Watcher
  • Octopi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 06:09:48 pm »

I just brained the head necromancer with the secrets of life & death.
Indeed.

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 08:10:15 pm »

Zombies go down best vs. whips (best material for whips is silver). Just FYI. It's like a 1-hit chipped bone thing, doesn't make any sense but that's how it is.