Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Well...I have a problem with my well  (Read 3079 times)

pancho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Well...I have a problem with my well
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2008, 11:44:00 am »

Thanks for the help, but everything ended badly.

I had four die of thirst then a goblin ambush occurred.  I was too busy digging a new well to realize that I forgot to get my off duty wrestlers weapons after I put them back on duty.  Pikes and maces beat dwarven fists, go figure, and I ended up losing five legendary meat puppets. So in training a new army the game seizes up when my marksdwarves began using snake/frog men as target practice.  Of course I hadn't saved the game recently and basically lost way too much work.  I'll try again next week.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2008, 09:45:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Neonivek:
<STRONG>Lets just say... Toady's real life name is most likely Timmy</STRONG>

Actually, it's Tarn. Can't imagine who'd name their kid that, but...

The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Gorjo MacGrymm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2008, 03:59:00 pm »

I have a question about that multiple well system.  i tried that in one fortress and the upper level wells said no water available (actually i think i made it a water source zone and it said "zero squares" of water) so I am assuming that it couldnt get water because the well directly below it was in the way?  is that right?

plz help me out on this one.

GMcG

Edit:  well, just had a dwarf (my master crafter) die of thirst 3 squares from the well, where he was hanging out ..... apparently not smart enough to drink...(sigh)

[ May 17, 2008: Message edited by: Gorjo MacGrymm of Clan MacGrymm ]

"You should stop cutting down all these herr trees, or, MAN is my Queen going to be Aaaaa-aang-Re-ee with you guys!" flipping his hand and batting his eyelashes."
"Oh my god guys, wood, is like, totally murder."
Pages: 1 [2]