Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Urists or Sim Fortress?  (Read 1596 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
The Urists or Sim Fortress?
« on: February 27, 2012, 09:25:49 pm »

The other day, a wiki walk on TV Tropes lead to a wiki walk on the Sims wiki. The wide variety of things present in the Sims games lead to a train of thought ending with realising the similarities it has with DF, from micro management to ghosts to not dealing well with fire.
The result of that long train was this topic.

Which would be cooler: A Dwarf Fortress/The Sims crossover, or a The Sims/Dwarf Fortress crossover?

The Urists: Set up a thriving family in a suburban town. Your family is a bunch of dwarves, with dwarvish traits like alcoholism and short-temperedness.
Sim Fortress: Strike the Earth, starting with a family of seven Sims! Watch out for sieges of...um...I don't know enough about the Sims to figure out what the sieges would be composed of, but you'd get bandits to steal your treasure and social workers to take your children.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: The Urists or Sim Fortress?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 09:53:55 pm »

The Urists: Set up a thriving family in a suburban town. Your family is a bunch of dwarves, with dwarvish traits like alcoholism and short-temperedness.
We all know how this is going to end.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

claer_runway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 09:59:32 pm »

We all know how this is going to end.
with magma?
You can't program common sense.

like Skies of Arcadia?:
http://www.youtube.com/user/clearrunway

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 11:29:56 pm »

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 02:14:03 am »

I want to play The Urists and adopt some war bitches* to sick on annoying guests.

*Consult a dictionary if symptoms persist

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 04:15:36 am »

Sim Fortress: Strike the Earth, starting with a family of seven Sims! Watch out for sieges of...um...I don't know enough about the Sims to figure out what the sieges would be composed of, but you'd get bandits to steal your treasure and social workers to take your children.

I think it would have to be seiges of competing needs and plumeting unhappiness.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 03:19:39 pm »

I think it would have to be seiges of competing needs and plumeting unhappiness.

Or vampires. Swimming pools. Crazy people. Death.