Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: We stand alone.  (Read 4403 times)

Hotaru

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange foreigner fond of industry
    • View Profile
Re: We stand alone.
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2012, 03:08:03 pm »

There's some difference between civilizations living and dying and civilized beings living and dying, as for example  in that 10,000 year old .31.25 world where no dwarf has lived for literally over 9000 years, and the history is entirely populated by cougars, wolves and the occasional sasquatch, yet dwarf mode is fully playable.

With that example, I'm not sure at all when civilizations will be considered dead. (on the other hand in that circumstance every civilization was modded to not have people by default, so...)

edit: added image
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 03:19:27 pm by Hotaru »
It is said knowledge is like a foul-smelling herb. It must be cooked well and thoroughly with experience to make it palatable. A young scholar's knowledge is therefore not only worthless but disgusting. -- In Dwarf Fortress you have another paradigm. Gather as much of that smelly herb as you can and toss it at your enemy, fracturing his skull through the +capybara man leather cap+.

RogueSpear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2012, 07:12:52 pm »

I did manage to generate an Age of Death a few days ago, but not knowing what it was at the time I deleted it. So it *is* possible. Oddly, for that game the params I set up were pocket, most civs with max sites, very long history, medium beasts and savagery, metal everywhere. Not an expected result - but the RNGods work in mysterious ways.

RogueSpear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2012, 07:21:21 am »

Okay I'm using the advanced world params, and have the max civilization pop cap after embark as '1', but despite this there seems to be a minimum of roughly 100 historical figures on the map.
I'm not sure but I think all races just have 1 guy as a king, and a tonne of megabeasts wandering around...
Pages: 1 [2]