Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Partyholic Brewer  (Read 1610 times)

LumenPlacidum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Partyholic Brewer
« on: November 08, 2007, 07:23:00 pm »

Help!  My brewer has been attending parties continuously for 6 months now, and she's almost finished off all the booze!  How do I crash their party?!  With no liquor and all the water on the map being frozen, we are all surely doomed this winter!

BTW, here's the personality of this crazy Brewer girl:

Momuz Romekducim likes Pelagic clay, Nickel silver, Variscite, Pig tail Fabric, the color raw umber, earrings, catapult parts and mules for their stubborness.  When possible, she prefers to consume one-humped camel cheese and Dwarven ale.
She has a very calm demeanor.  She is often sad and dejected.  She can handle stress.  She is rarely happy or enthusiastic.  She has a good awareness of her own emotions.  She likes to try new things.  She dislikes intellectual discussions.  She is put off by authority and tradition.  She needs alcohol to get through the working day.  She likes working outdoors and grubles only mildly at inclement weather.

BDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Partyholic Brewer
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 07:31:00 pm »

There's a couple topics in both this sub-forum (90% sure) and the bugs forum (100% sure) about forts turning into party palaces, and this is most likely related.  You have a few options:

1. Turn the place(s) she's partying at down to 1x1 areas.

2. Undesignate the rooms she's partying at.

3. Draft her.

2 is probably best.

A HREF="http://www.bay12games.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=12&t=000218">A Kobold''s Quest

A Kobold''s Quest II

LumenPlacidum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 07:42:00 pm »

Thanks for the response, and actually drafting her did NOT break her partying... she went right back to the party after being released from military service.

However, it would seem that all parties stop when the dwarves realize they're out of booze.  Funny, that.  People didn't have to go too long before they whipped the girl back to the distillery.

kuro_suna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 08:09:00 pm »

im having the same problem,

i had to get rid of the meeting hall and statue garden or my woodcutter would almost immediately start a party and my entire fort would go sleep, drink, break, party, eat, drink, part, break, sleep, drink, break, party

BDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 08:29:00 pm »

Drafting party-goers was a suggestion for the broker that never actually talks to the trade minister, sorry. :/
A HREF="http://www.bay12games.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=12&t=000218">A Kobold''s Quest

A Kobold''s Quest II

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 09:22:00 pm »

Just don't set up party rooms (statue gardens, meeting halls, cages, etc) any larger than 1 square. 1 square will get people to gather there, and admire the statues/cages/etc, but won't have parties.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link