Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stop the materpiece spam  (Read 992 times)

lizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stop the materpiece spam
« on: November 08, 2007, 07:14:00 pm »

So, shortly after arriving my engraved had a mood and became a legend.  Wanting to free up labor, I had him solo smooth the fortress (which didn't take long).  I got the "more experienced" message I think twice.

So now I'm having him engrave things, and perhaps every other tile is a masterpiece.  Each tile takes about a second, so the "So and so has created a masterpiece!" messages are really annoying.  How can I turn these off?

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
Re: Stop the materpiece spam
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 09:25:00 pm »

No way to turn it off that I know of.

Be careful having that dwarf engrave everything though. Be especially careful with walls that you may want to expand, or floors where you may want to create a stair or channel. If you dig out a masterpiece engraving, the dwarf will tantrum. This could lead to the engraver killing someone, being killed, jumping off a cliff, destroying random things, etc.

I haven't had the trouble in this version, but last version I had a masterpiece bolt fly into the chasm (attached to an invading ratman who was shot by a marksdwarf) and the creator, who was carrying a stack of coins through the dining room to his room, went berserk and killed everything in the room by throwing the coins everywhere. I lost a bunch of animals and good dwarves  :D

[ November 08, 2007: Message edited by: Paul ]

Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link