Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Killing from beyond  (Read 1244 times)

captain proof

• Bay Watcher
  • Baruk Khazâd!
    • View Profile
Killing from beyond
« on: February 23, 2012, 08:48:10 am »

Not to long ago I went through a bit of a Vampiric outbreak. Alot of dead dwarves, so I went on a bit of a Inquisition and threw anyone who worshiped a god named "Doren" into a deep pit to die.The Inquisition killed off all of the vamps and a few innocents that I just didn't trust. One in particular was a man named Amost. His history read that he was once the Liason of The Confident Doors, and the General of another Mountainhome. So after racking up 3 kills I decided to forgo the trial and just throw him into the pit. While he was down there he was joined by 4 others(one immediately dying when her head exploded after hitting a Conglomerate boulder) the rest laid down there for almost 2 seasons with no food and water. Amost ends up getting possessed and soon after that he goes berserk. The other injured vamps crawled around trying to get away from him, but ended up getting beaten to death anyways. So after his bloodthirsty killing spree was finished I sent in my Mayoral Guard to take him out. After the fight they where all entombed on the first floor of the hall. Well I recently created a crypt and moved all of the bodies to the crypt. Well, Amost's body has went AWOL. I have searched high and low for it and for the life of me I CANNOT find it.I swear I am starting to think it just got up and walked off. Well to make matters worse his pissed off ghost has come back from the dead and is now terrifying all of my dwarves.He has upped his killcount to 4(recently killed a butcher in the middle of the mess hall). Will an Engraved memorial fix this problem since his body has disappeared?Sometimes I wish they had a Dwarven Ghostbusters Squad or something...

schismatise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Killing from beyond
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 09:21:40 am »

Uh.... no, it definitely won't, i guess you'll just have to let him haunt the fortress forever, killing things at whim.

What a shame.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 09:23:40 am »

Why wouldnt You want to keep this?
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

Ascimator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 09:25:40 am »

Itssss a very nicccce body you have down here, it would be a sssssssssshame if something happened to it...
There is a finely-engraved image of Ascimator on the wall. Ascimator is slapping himself in the face. The artwork relates to the loss of the only anvil in Perplextombs in the late winter of 6.

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 09:29:32 am »

I Burned about 5 vampires but I didnt think of their return as ghost vampires. I cant even slab them because they have fake names...

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 09:42:49 am »

I Burned about 5 vampires but I didnt think of their return as ghost vampires. I cant even slab them because they have fake names...
Won't the correct name be included in the list of names to be be memorialized?
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 09:46:34 am »

This is why I just stuff vamps into 1x1 burrows and wall them in.  I have a "kill switch" I can pull if the fort is about to fall that will drop a ceiling on their heads* so I can't get them again as migrants in the future.

*Actually, in one of my forts it just liberally applies magma.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

captain proof

• Bay Watcher
  • Baruk Khazâd!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 11:29:27 am »

Well it doesn't matter where the is corpse is now cause I had 60 some odd to pick from since by genius dwarves decided it was a great idea to run outside of my fort during a siege. Dwarves just kept dying and for some f**king reason the assholes wouldnt flip the lever to shut the gatehouse down(now that I mention that I have a new use for known vamps in the future, eternal gate keepers). Well to make a long story short the whole Hall erupted in an orgy of blood. Tantrum spirals turned into Berserker spirals, I had so many damn bodies it was ridiculous.Eventually my squads DID defeat the siege but then when Squads turned on squads it got pretty gruesome.

To sum it up, the Hall of Kidrath is sealed off from the outside world. After the halls where torn in half by what was pretty much a civil war I decided to just leave it be and move on to my next attempt. Oh well ::)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 02:12:34 pm »

Won't the correct name be included in the list of names to be be memorialized?
ENGRAVE ONE OF EVERYTHING