Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any way..(marksdwarves question)  (Read 1075 times)

Falken

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Any way..(marksdwarves question)
« on: November 08, 2007, 04:24:00 pm »

..to force my dwarves to get more ammo? I have a skilled marksdwarf walking around with..unfortunately..one steel bolt. I have a bunch of bone ones stashed away, in piles, but the only other ones I have aren't stacked ATM. Anyway to do that, btw?

Baro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Any way..(marksdwarves question)
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 04:32:00 pm »

this has been an ongoing problem since the older versions in regard to ammo.  It seems like it would be an easy fix.

An easy fix would be:

Have marksdwarves always try to carry as many bolts as they can, have them automatically re-supply if they arn't fighting.  Could add this to be a squad option.  Like allow us to set the minimum bolts they'll carry, how often they re-supply and so on.

palin88

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 05:01:00 pm »

Stacking bolts would be nice as well, but that would require overhauling the item system. Come to think of it, having options as to "minimum bolts" probably falls in the realm of being able to customize dwarf inventory which (I think) is on the table already.

Yag Alone

• Bay Watcher
  • Grumpy old fart
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 05:32:00 pm »

in those cases, i usually mark for melting/dumping the lone bolts and change the weapon of the markdwarves to force them to get a *real* stack...
Quite annoying, but still better than the hammer mode