Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cultists?  (Read 548 times)

tailpipe7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cultists?
« on: February 23, 2012, 12:38:51 am »

So I just came back from a necromancy tower so I could get some guards to help me take out the massive amount of undead. I get into the keep just before nightfall and get two human spearmen that were in the second room. Just as I was trying to leave all hell breaks loose. A dwarf cultist (that I may have been in the first room) appeared and went crazy. He attacked everything and was kicking the law giver's arse before I was able to kill him. But by then their were several more cultists including elves, that also tried to kick my butt.

They managed to kill one of my companions and the other disappeared into the sewers. Then for some reason I was hostile to everyone and soon enough all the military guys came running to kill me as well as several more cultists from below.

So I was wondering...wtf was that? I never saw that in all the past adventures I've been on.

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
Re: Cultists?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 01:10:21 am »

There are no Cults in Dwarf Fortress.
I am not a Cultist.
Period.
It was probably just You, and now Youre trying to cover it up by accusing 'Cultists'.
Pfft.

;D
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
Re: Cultists?
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 01:18:33 am »

civs and subcivs have stage ways of interacting.

sounds like somehow a religion got hostile to its host civ.  this iniated a loyalty cascade.

by attacking the cultist, you became hostile to both groups.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time