Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Election by job?  (Read 1267 times)

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Election by job?
« on: February 21, 2012, 04:21:19 am »

Hello, I thought I'd just add a few extra utterly useless nobles to my game with some very original names (House Berite Representative, for example ;) ). Given their jobs as guild reps, I figured I would make them [site] nobles that are [elected]. I only have one problem:

Is it possible to make election work via profession? Such that only farmers could vote for House Berite?
I've noticed that the Elves have a way to make sure their Druid is only electable from Acolytes, but that's a noble position, not a profession.
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
  • This isn't a fortress... ...It's also not a map.
    • View Profile
Re: Election by job?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 04:15:51 pm »

Make a "Farmer" noble that isn't work exempt and requires farming skill.  Have the Farmer Representative suceeded by that position, though I'm not sure that acolytes actually vote for druids, or if they are just chosen from among them, and not all Farmers will be that noble, unless you set it where you can appoint the Farmer nobles.
Maybe that the dwarves never died and everyone is just shunning them.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 04:20:59 pm »

Hope this helps.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 04:57:10 pm »

Hope this helps.
That actually helps me a lot, I couldn't find any info on interactions on magmawiki, I had to use trial and error for my interactions.
"Wait, what are you doing?  I don't want to go in there!  No, I'm still alive, you can't do this to me!  Is Anybody listening?  Hello... Can someone let me out?  Help me!  Is anyone there?  I'm running out of air!"

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 05:02:30 pm »

No problem. the interactions are not in yet, since people are still doing plenty of science.

Would be nice if you could post your endresults here, for other people to learn as well. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 07:06:18 pm »

Make a "Farmer" noble that isn't work exempt and requires farming skill.  Have the Farmer Representative suceeded by that position, though I'm not sure that acolytes actually vote for druids, or if they are just chosen from among them, and not all Farmers will be that noble, unless you set it where you can appoint the Farmer nobles.
Druids are elected. But can only be appointed from the acolytes. I don't know if everyone votes for an acolyte, or if only the acolytes vote from amongst themselves, but still...

How does one makes a noble that requires a skill? I can't see any such examples in the entity file.
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.

Courtesy Arloban

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 10:30:10 pm »

Druids are elected. But can only be appointed from the acolytes. I don't know if everyone votes for an acolyte, or if only the acolytes vote from amongst themselves, but still...

How does one makes a noble that requires a skill? I can't see any such examples in the entity file.
My Mistake it's execution skill not required skill that you can set, but to be clear the "Farmer" noble is to be to the "Farmer Representative" noble as the acolyte to the druid.  And I saw somewhere that you can a nobles profession from the military sceen if you make them appointable by a miitary commander, so that could be used to hand select all the farmers in the fortress to be Farmer nobles, among whom one will be picked to be the Farmer Representative.

I too share your doubts that the Farmer's themselves will vote on who becomes the Farmer's Representative, I don't know of a tag in acolytes that do this (And I've always assumed elections in the game were abstracted, just the most charismatic always winning.)