Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Completing a town's quest made them hate me  (Read 1783 times)

Genkora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Completing a town's quest made them hate me
« on: February 23, 2012, 03:34:58 am »

So I went to a human capital and picked up a quest to kill someone who had apparently been committing crimes inside the city. I eventually did find the guy, and as usual, he did the whole greeting me thing and telling me to prepare to die. Only, when I attacked him the entire city became hostile and my followers, who I had picked up in the same city decided they didn't like me anymore and joined in with the town, trying to kill me. Sure enough, with a horde of cats and humans chasing me, I did eventually die. dicks. I haven't played much adventure mode, but this seems odd. Not what the bug is, getting the quest to kill a member of the city, or the city becoming hostile for attacking the guy in the quest. Anyone else have this happen to them?

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Completing a town's quest made them hate me
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 03:48:23 am »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 08:09:34 am by Ogdibus »

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 03:49:03 am »

loyalty cascade.  it seems sometimes bandits/outcasts/vampires/other quest targets are part of friendly civs.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

Genkora

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 04:10:06 am »

I guess it's on toady's to do list. It was pretty funny though. Almost as funny as the adventurer before this one who got killed in one shot from a bandit I was sent to kill on my first quest. He just ran up and bonked me on the head with a silver mace.

Cbast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 08:20:46 am »

I completed the quest given by the "Deity" of a human city (He's a demon in fact) by killing a Minotaur. I ended up fighting this demon and now the whole faction is against me :V

kiaser90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 09:39:52 am »

At what point do you start receiving quests to kill creatures like that?  I only ever get outlaws and the occasional night creatures.  I haven't seen any minos, titans, demons, etc.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 09:50:43 am »

It took awhile for me. I think I had to do at least 5 to 10 werebeast quests before I got the quest to take out a bandit inside the city.

The cool part? The bandit was the killer of my first adventurer in the world. They'd encountered each other underneath the keep, and when I got the quest to kill the bandit above ground I was like "hrmmmm that name seems familiar....."

So yeah. Actors can actually move around and do different things other than what they were stuck doing in world gen. Which I thought was pretty damn cool.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

NedeN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 12:01:37 pm »

Who needs permission to seek out a titan?! Find a shrine and destroy them and loot. Plus you usually get a quest to kill titans from law-givers and what not, just need to gain some reputation first
I watched a zombie dwarf tear off a girls dress and hit her with it so hard it became lodged in her skull.

Ghoulz - 15 minutes could save you 15% or more on carp insurance.

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 02:54:49 pm »

At what point do you start receiving quests to kill creatures like that?  I only ever get outlaws and the occasional night creatures.  I haven't seen any minos, titans, demons, etc.
most of them dont seem to survive worldgen for me.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time