Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: City fight  (Read 997 times)

ivze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
City fight
« on: February 21, 2012, 01:29:12 pm »

So I enter a city to sell some loot, when suddenly...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: City fight
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 01:32:37 pm »

Loyalty cascades, its a known bug, but why is your screenshot so white-y?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

NedeN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 01:33:42 pm »

You must have walked into the town mid-siege, fighting for glory and fame!! Or just a bunch of drunks
I watched a zombie dwarf tear off a girls dress and hit her with it so hard it became lodged in her skull.

Ghoulz - 15 minutes could save you 15% or more on carp insurance.

Meistermoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 01:41:22 pm »

Finaly the dorfs started cleaning out those elves!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 04:12:55 pm by Meistermoxx »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 01:42:21 pm »

That isn't a loyalty cascade, just a bunch of dwarves practicing their cultural traditions.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

irdsm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 01:48:06 pm »

This happened to me with Deon's witcher mod in a marketplace. Between the dead constantly being re-raised by the witchers and the fire they were spewing...it got messy. Then my companions got involved and the one who survived kept picking fights every time I went in town so I killed him, which apparently got me involved in the loyalty cascade and well...it all kind of snowballed from there.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 02:00:54 pm »

worldgen bug?!

more like HFS   :P

ivze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 02:16:23 pm »

I got involved into the fight, as one of the elves attacks me. Then I have to retire (that was a new adventurer), as the bastards deprive me from the ability to stand. And then I have an option to 'Report succes...'. Other parts of the city do not seem to exhibit fights between elves and dwarves, that was just a local accident.
I believe, this must be somehow related to bandits moving to cities, that's listed as a fixed bug on the main page.

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 02:21:50 pm »

This happens often to me. I was told to kill a vampire in a town over. I went in search of said vampire but everyone hated me.  My peasant adventurer now has over a hundred kills.

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 02:27:36 pm »

There are race riots in the streets as the dwarven community reacts to elven hippieness.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 09:43:17 pm »

Reminds Me of a Barfight (Ok, so maybe it was just a room with tables and chairs. But I have an imagination dammit!) I had.
I walked into the place, and was confronted by a random Human Master. And We had a Fistfight.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.