Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fall of Civilization: Suggestion Game  (Read 1485 times)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
Fall of Civilization: Suggestion Game
« on: November 13, 2012, 10:08:16 pm »

As you can tell from the title, this is a suggestion game about the death of civilization. However, you aren't trying to survive it: You're a man/dwarf/elf/goblin trying to destroy it! You will start out as a <Insert race here> trying to kill every other race in the world. This will work by you trying to poisin, bribe, outright kill, etc. all of the other sentient creature. I will roll/use a random number generator to see what exactly happens. You can be one of 4 races: Human, Dwarf, Elf, or Goblin. This will affect the state of the town/fortress/retreat/tower that you start in. Their advantages/disadvantages are below:
     Humans have decent weaponry, good food supplies, and decent happiness, but are open to attack by various !!FUN!! things.
     Dwarves are heavily armed, but usually have low food supplies and are one fly away from going berserk.
     Elves have great meat supplies, a large population, and are pretty happy, but are barely armed, if that.
     Goblins have decent stockpiles of food, good defense, and hordes of children to hide behind, but are typically unhappy.
     Also, you may give your character a name, appearance, and gender. Keep in mind that you aren't "Kill on Sight" to everything...Yet. You are just a regular old creature, so you can enter the area freely, but if you poison the food stockpile, keep in mind you'll be expected to eat from there too, so you better start stockpiling. Also, you are unarmed, and it will be suspicious if a civilian is seen sneaking into the weaponry and stealing a bluemetal short sword.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Fall of Civilization: Suggestion Game
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 10:12:29 pm »

Posting to Watch
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 10:24:37 am »

Name: Gobol

Race: Goblin

Appearence: Black-leathery-green skin, rather tempered ears with tapered lobes.  large bulbeous nose, average build, sepia eyes.  Missing ring finger left hand.

Personality: Teleological (obviously), somehwat grudge-bearing, plotter.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 11:41:30 am »

Dwarves have little food? Whut. In any case I vote for omnicidal cannibalistic elf.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 02:59:49 pm »

PTW
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 05:27:33 pm »

Alright, if someone is fine with being one of these races, feel free to +1 either of them. If you don't like the character that Pisskop made, feel free to say so in your +1. That way, we can get the game started without having to wait for everyone to decide on one character. They can be voted on later. Also,you will need food and water. Sleep is unnecessary, because  I don't want to bother with another stat and also because I don't want to simulate hunger/thirst will sleeping. If I think it's necessary, I will add it in later. Keep in mind that if you are, say, a human, your goal isn't to kill all humans in your town: It's to kill all humans, dwarves, elves, and goblins everywhere. This does mean you will need to travel. Remember that word doesn't travel instantly. The only way information can be shared is through caravans, fleeing creatures, and adventurers, so use this to your advan
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 07:00:23 pm by flameboy99 »

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 07:03:44 pm »

Okay, if there have been no more posts at, say, 6:30, the we become Gobol the Goblin. Keep in mind that you can still go to other areas that will have the same effects, this just changes the start position. Also, since I don't want to make an intricate history of wars and battles, everyone likes everyone, so goblins and such are all fine to not be stabbed upon visiting a fortress. Except for kobolds, animals, (semi-) megabeasts, forgotten beasts, titans, demons, ect. Screw those guys.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 07:50:18 pm »

Alright then, Goblin it is. You wake up in your section of the citadel that is your home. You remember drowning your sorrows yesterday, a feat made hard by the very low amount of booze that you traded with the dwarves. Your mother had ben speared by a human bandit yesterday, and your father was murdered by a goblin for entertainment. 5 of your 6 brothers met the same fate. The only one left was Chik'tol, who was a- You here a bloodcurdling scream from outside the room. You run out and you see a terrible sight. With a spear through his heart, Chik'tol is hanging on the wall, blood dripping down his chest. You first feel a massive amount of sadness, but then realize that, if these Goblins will die, making yourself do it first will not speed the process. You're about to throw a punch, but notice the cooking knives, spears, short swords, and hammers they're carrying. You run back into your room, discreetly grabbing your father's sword that your brother carried around. You need to get these vermin dead, but a direct attack will probably end up with you having a long talk with your father. What do you do?

EDIT: Also, if you do get your character dead, I'll give you an opportunity to make another, with whichever race you want.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 09:09:00 pm by flameboy99 »