Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Prone Goblin Farmers in Normal Towns?  (Read 1432 times)

pbnjoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Prone Goblin Farmers in Normal Towns?
« on: February 21, 2012, 03:37:34 pm »

I just started a dwarf adventurer on my new world genned in 0.34.02, and I found something peculiar when I went to the town directly west of mine. I went into a house and saw two creatures standing there, and, never seeing a silhouette human before, tried to talk to it. It only allowed me to talk to the one human. Thinking it odd, I [l]ooked instead, and saw this:

Thinking he was sneaking and stealing or something, I attacked him (without being prompted for Alt+Y), but then the humans attacked me! Is this a bug or something I don't know about? I savescummed so I can experiment with him if need be.

Glanzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prone Goblin Farmers in Normal Towns?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 03:51:20 pm »

That's pretty usual and not a bug at all.
He was probably brought to the city as an prisoner as war and eventually integrated into the human society.

pbnjoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 03:55:36 pm »

Oh alright. Thanks, I thought it was odd. Obviously I haven't played enough DF :P

Meistermoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 04:03:56 pm »

Lol, anti-rascism hippie humans right there xD

Dwarfoloid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 04:07:16 pm »

Considering that potter is basically standing on top of the goblin there (and presumably uttering him racist insults while doing so), I'm not so sure.

NedeN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 05:30:20 pm »

Sorry to take this thread off topic but I noticed the OP has his look options and what he see's near the bottom left of his screen, how do you adjust where that goes? Mines top left and very annoying with the compass
I watched a zombie dwarf tear off a girls dress and hit her with it so hard it became lodged in her skull.

Ghoulz - 15 minutes could save you 15% or more on carp insurance.

truckman1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 09:38:46 pm »

If anything is a bug here, it's that you weren't prompted to confirm your intent to attack a perfectly law-abiding member of human society.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's the point, it wouldn't be as fun to crush their souls if they didn't have souls to begin with.