Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vampires not having blood?  (Read 1168 times)

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Vampires not having blood?
« on: February 19, 2012, 06:30:27 pm »

So me and some followers just murdered the hell out of an amphibian woman vampire, with the intention of lapping up her blood and becoming a vampire myself. However, there is not a -speck- of blood anywhere. What's going on? She was mutilated and dismembered!
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Vampires not having blood?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 10:25:34 pm »

Pick up the corpse and throw it. Or lick it.

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 10:31:23 pm »

When i was trying to get vampire blood i also found that it seems to evaporate or something... i grabbed a bag, then killed the vampire in the most brutal way possible, then quickly collected the blood in my bag and licked up some specks that were stuck on my clothes.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 10:50:22 pm »

were you in mud or water? If so, the blood will be washed away very quickly.

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 11:41:58 pm »

nope.. i killed a vampire... drank the blood on the ground, grabbed a bag, came back it was gone. save scummed killed a vampire grabbed a bag came back, blood gone. save scummed again grabbed a bag, killed a vampire filled bag with blood.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Barnox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 02:59:32 pm »

Don't quote me on this, but I think the problem may be killing them at night. Everything freezes at night, so there is no splatter.

Plazek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 04:24:14 pm »

Yea, I was having problems gathering vamp blood. Even throwing the corpse at the wall did not seem to help. However throwing the corpse at the wall next to a campfire gave me a small spatter. Gonna see if I can drink it... Then I will see if this vampire hand I got works too. Then I dont have to carry the whole corpse around.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 04:40:59 pm »

The best mental image from this release has been hordes of players killing stuff then falling over themselves to drink the blood.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Barnox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 05:07:42 pm »

I came back during the day, and the combat was much more bloody. I had to prolong it a bit to get the full pool (rather than just executing them instantly), but I do think I may be a vampire now.

You are a vampire if your hunger and thirst magically go back to 0, right?

Meistermoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 05:58:16 pm »

I came back during the day, and the combat was much more bloody. I had to prolong it a bit to get the full pool (rather than just executing them instantly), but I do think I may be a vampire now.

You are a vampire if your hunger and thirst magically go back to 0, right?
Yup