Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: necromancer hiding  (Read 8967 times)

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: necromancer hiding
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2012, 05:30:02 am »

I'm pretty sure I remember at least two forts that only survived tantrum spirals because the last remaining "dwarves" actually turned out to be vampires who were tough enough to survive the destruction and carnage. In that case, a vamp-only fort does not immediately crumble.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2012, 05:42:10 am »

All in all i have about 115 vampires with 10 dwarfs left to convert
edit:
Do book keepers/managers have to leave their room to do their work?.
Backup save and convert/kill the rest ones, here and now we'll solve vampire fort mystery forever.

Book keepers and managers book keep and manage at their offices, you'll need them to have access to those.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

I am Leo

• Bay Watcher
  • Ia ia Oggez Rashaz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2012, 09:33:38 am »

EDIT: retracted comment. OPPOSED_TO_LIFE isn't a vampire token. Maybe you can have a 100% vampire fort? Needs testing!

So, DF:VD adds endlessly reanimating undead, vampires and werecreatures... -->
Casual Gamer: "This game is IMPOSSIBLE, F this! *goes to play Wario Ware and never looks back*"
Hardcore Gamer: "Okay, trick boss. How do I permakilled zombie?"
Bay Watcher: "*rubs hands* UNDEAD FARMING, BITCHES!"

Hardcore Bay Watcher: "my undead city is breeding the living for food!"

True son of Armok: How can I weaponise the casual gamer.

sumofallwars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2012, 11:25:38 am »

Well i was close. Only 2 dwarfs besides the one i have locked in. But it was getting late so i decided to save. Well DF had other ideas and crashed.

So now i am back to just before the conversion.

I am too busy today so i'll try again later.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2012, 12:01:01 pm »

this occurred   in my fort.  Everything out side the for started raising causing all sorts of FUN for a dwarf caravan. Next thing i know i have got 2 human Necromancers in my cage traps inside my fort. They went past my  guard dogs and almost made it to my refuge pile.

So now I am deciding what i should do with 2 necromancers 1 vampire and 40 children.

Any ideas?
I HATE YOU SOOOOO BAD! I've been trying to get those exact circumstances. You need to make a well of unlife to turn all your dorves into vampires, I haven't heard of it tried with necromancer raised corpses but the undead show vampires professional courtesy. You can create a fortress of vampires defended by an army of the undead.

So, DF:VD adds endlessly reanimating undead, vampires and werecreatures... -->
Casual Gamer: "This game is IMPOSSIBLE, F this! *goes to play Wario Ware and never looks back*"
Hardcore Gamer: "Okay, trick boss. How do I permakilled zombie?"
Bay Watcher: "*rubs hands* UNDEAD FARMING, BITCHES!"

I fall somewhere between Casual and Hardcore in that I'll eventually get around to trying it out and see what I can do with it :D
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.
Pages: 1 2 [3]