Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: History Modding  (Read 661 times)

oldark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
History Modding
« on: February 19, 2012, 09:25:38 pm »

I'm not very experienced modding but I was wondering if the following is possible and if so how I could go about making it happen. What I'd love to have happen is be able to abandon a fortress and have history generation continue for a specified amount of time, potentially including new historical figures from my fort if possible.

This may be doable somehow by exporting/importing worldgen info and generating a 'new world' using the old one as year 0?

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: History Modding
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 09:51:42 pm »

Sadly, as far as I know, what you're asking is impossible. Once world gen is completed, it's done. You can't go back and continue world gen once you've completed it.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

WaffleEggnog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: History Modding
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 11:09:14 pm »

Sadly, as far as I know, what you're asking is impossible. Once world gen is completed, it's done. You can't go back and continue world gen once you've completed it.
I think what he means is editing legends, or baisicaly editing the already generated history aswell as adding to it, not continuing world generation.

As far as i know, there is no way, however i have never really looked into it before. Really, dont take my word, im not the smartest when it comes to this subject (im 12, and that is just proof that not all 12 year olds are idiots)
WHEN POSSIBLE, I PREFER TO CONSUME YOUR FACE.