Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The most painfully brutal death of a character in adventure mode  (Read 4248 times)

crazyjake56

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The most painfully brutal death of a character in adventure mode
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2012, 03:09:36 pm »

I just picture it like,
*Tap *Tap *Tap "Whew just a little more." *Tap *Tap "Hey hold still."

Krelm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2012, 04:04:18 pm »

One adventurer I had was shot about 20 times by an archer. He ran out of ammo and walked up and clobbered me in the head.

Another adventurer found a kobold city where kobolds spawned infinitely. He killed 11 before he was beat to death by about 200 of them. My adventurer right after that killed 102 before walking off, getting ambushed, and taking a mace to the back of the head. The former's was more brutal than the latter's.

Barnox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2012, 04:22:17 pm »

I was looting a mummy's tomb, when I went back into a room I had been in before and there was the mummy.
First shot drove my arm into my shoulder, taking out my weapon arm. Second shot killed my leg. Several more to other limbs, then one to my middle spine.
I managed to reach an arrow that missed, picked it up and threw it back at the mummy. It took a leg off at the upper leg.

I suffocated after.

Meistermoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2012, 05:52:55 pm »

I was on a murdering spree in the village i spawned in.
After the first 11 or so kills, i got hit in the chest with the smiths kitchenknife, bruising my heart.
That didnt kill me though, i got another 90 kills, but they were painfull for me...

On another murdering spree... in the same civ...
I got about 240 kills, before 8 villagers cornered me and chupped me to bits with their copper kitchen knives, resulting in:
"your upper body is gone"
I was like, wtf?

Felgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2012, 07:41:31 pm »

So there I was flush and feeling confident with my recent victory over some bandits below the castle. So when I spotted the temple in the same city I decided to go exploring. After all no one in town would give me any missions, they all told me to head to a town to the northeast, so there mustn’t be any more threats in town.

A short time later I happened upon a nice little loot pile guarded by lots of traps. As I was carefully moving from one pile of loot to the next grabbing everything my greedy little hands could get, some of my companions got into trouble off to the right in the blackness of the unexplored region.

Before I knew what was happening, two of them were dead and they and their body parts were being raised as undead. A few steps to the right revealed we had stumbled into the lair of a mummified Bone Doctor!

The battle started out bad and went downhill fast. Every time I tried to get near the Mummy my guy dodged away from an attack and I wasn’t getting to swing at him. By the time I got in close, I managed to finally make contact and this is the result:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So the moral of the story is just because the villagers don’t give you any new missions, don’t assume anything is safe.  ;) Oh and leave the loot alone until you’ve checked the closets for boogeymen.  ::) :P

Killed by my dead companions undead arm...
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 02:42:07 am by Felgar »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2012, 08:12:15 pm »

my worse was when I had my legs slashed and got shot in my body several times. In the process I was trudging across several incapped enemies, pulled a crossbow bolt out of my head, and stabbed them all.

I was then shot in the head, lost all my motor skills, and in between passing out I kept getting shot. Over and over and over until the guy ran out of bolts.
I was essentially doing the worm to escape when I got decapitated.

Randy Gnoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2012, 11:10:11 pm »

I once killed a necromancer (or mummy, i cant really remember) by slicing off both his arms, both of his legs and his lower body. I had no idea how he didint die so the cruel part of me started to come out.He then, to my suprise, kept bringing his body parts back to life, so i sliced them into pieces and beat his body with one of his legs and one of his hands, as well as slicing off most of his facial features, so he would stay alive, but be in as much pain as possible, and i kept killing all of his body parts over and over as he resurected them.

^
 l    Win.

Nope, sorry.   In the category of "cruel ways to kill others" there are better options.  I played a "human outsider" once and did some science- since a peasant in a cottage heals after you leave the site, you can prevent them bleeding to death by leaving the site after inflicting grievous injury.  In this fashion, I removed ALL removable parts of the residents of an entire cottage without killing them, by visting while they slept, biting them a bit, choking them out if they woke up, and slicing off the tender bits with a carving knife.  My intention was to live on a diet of people pieces, without killing my victims, but alas modding ethics still didn't allow me to butcher people as an adventurer.

My worst death so far in the new version has been from a were-elk.  I'd been hunting local were-creatures, and dispatching them handily, with the help of a small group of followers.  In the last battle, two of my three followers (a hunter and an axeman) had been slain, leaving me with only a single gravely wounded hammerman.  I decided I would return to town, tell the tales of my recent victories, and look for more followers.

Only... the hammerman.  He'd.. turned.  I don't grind skills, so I'm not already super-tough by the time I'm taking quests.  And at this time, I didn't even have a full suit of armor.  I didn't even have a weapon of the proper material to be slaying were-elks (needed steel, hadn't seen any), I'd just been counting on numbers and sheer force.  So a one-on-one fight was a nasty bit of business... I manged to lop off one of his hands, and injure his legs severely enough that he couldn't stand- but I was also crippled by that time.  Once I dropped my shield, having lost the ability to grasp in my right hand (although the hand was still there)... I decided to flee.  But it was no good.  I crawled away, but he crawled after me.  He bit, and he punched, and he kicked, until I gave in to the pain.  Then he just kept beating me.  I lapsed in an out of consciousness, I shed more teeth than I knew I had, I even managed to get crawling again for a while- but he brought me down, in due time.

It was a slow and brutal death; but worse, it was at the hands of my former companion, who had helped me to slay several were-beasts and had now become the thing we hunted.  I kinda wanna hunt him down with a new adventurer...
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 11:13:07 pm by Randy Gnoman »

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2012, 11:11:39 pm »

Exploring a tomb. Deep inside, I managed to step on a trap...dodged it, and took an iron great axe to the leg. It vacated it's long-standing position...fuck it, I got a masterwork crutch from these ruins, the bleeding will stop and in the mean time I'll keep going.
Next step is a trap. I dodge onto another trap for the second time. Silver mace shatters my crutch arm. Ok, now I'm in extreme pain. No biggy. Pick up the crutch with my other arm, continue on.
Another trap. The iron 2h sword lops off my last functional arm. Things are not looking good.
Another step, another trap. I roll to the side to dodge it.
Promptly putting me into a sword trap that amputates my last good foot. Didn't need it anyway.
I crawl towards the door yet again, this time it's an arrow, and it tears through a lung and shatters a floating rib. I think I may have passed out here.
Come to without having improved, and survey my situation. I've spotted another 6-7 traps littering the room at odd intervals, but haven't really made headway towards the next room, getting diverted laterally instead.
I take another apprehensive squirm towards the ladder. No traps.
I continue all the way across the room, smearing red as I go, reaching the ladder, and on the tile directly in front of it I'm bisected at the waist by another iron greataxe.

So goes Urist McAkbar, may the children learn from his observation failure.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2012, 02:33:41 am »

I once knocked every single tooth out of a kobolds mouth, then threw his own teeth at him when he started to run.

saltmummy626

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Lich of Gulgatha
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2012, 04:22:36 am »

no throwing skill, managed to kill a fleeing bandit with a thrown large copper dagger.

death? my own? well there was this mummy. Id basically gone through his whole tomb and was headed for the exit. two rooms away from freedom, the mummy suddenly appears in my path. he does his whole mummy announcement stuff and I close the distance quickly. he is a ranger, and he has a crossbow. I cut both of his feet off and one hand, somehow he is still shooting, and even more strangely, he managed to BITE OFF ALL THE TEETH ON MY LOWER JAW. that is certainly not an image I needed in my mind at the time. bits and peices of him are now trying to fight too, but they mostly die the moment they are raised. im bleeding pretty badly from various minor cuts and the missing teeth/gums in my mouth. at first this fight started good, but now... the hand! the hand I cut off gets raised and hamstrings me, I collapse, pass out, and bleed out a few minutes later.
All is silence. The road is straight, without turning, in darkness. Now let there be an end to all things.
Pages: 1 [2]