Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sewers unaccesible  (Read 4676 times)

gordogomez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sewers unaccesible
« on: February 19, 2012, 09:02:57 am »

Is it possible that some sewers are only accesible through water? i've been trying to get to a vampire lair this way, but i keep drowning..

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Sewers unaccesible
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 10:12:43 am »

You have to look for sewer entrances in fortresses and other key buildings e.t.c.

gordogomez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 10:18:37 am »

i've been able to survive in the water filled sewers by breathing under the floor grates, but couldent find the entrance to the vampire lair. While outside the water, on the city, the quest marker shows that i am on the spot, but i can't find a way to go to the underworld. Are there supposed to be hidden entrances in abandoned houses? because the travel map doesn't show any "sewer acces" on that spot.

Pawel1997PL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 11:46:37 am »

Are you sure that vampire is in the sewers? From what I know he should be in a temple or in the towns keep, unless he has been discovered or is an animal-men.

Aachen

• Bay Watcher
  • Wenzo Pilgrim cancels job: unstuck in time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 12:01:32 pm »

Yeah, the quest indicator will mislead you. 

I like to imagine that it is directing one to the site of the vampire's former home, from its former life, and that all traces of such have long been erased by time. However, that's purely speculation. Check keeps and temples in the same town; the fell being is likely in a position of some power or respect.

edit: homonym repair. good morning! :)
Quote from: Rithol Camus
There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is magma.

Quote from: Chinua Achebe
.... For Cliché is pauperized Ecstasy.

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 12:32:46 pm »

I tried the exact same thing, because occasionally the marker will be near a sewer drain that leads to water. However, the marker is not correct (or if it is it's a bug), it is either the center of the map tile or it is on top of the lair, which is several layers down and accessible from somewhere else.

If you walk around a city you can look at the nearby buildings for sewer entrances, they'll typically be 9-square blocks (like the 9 buttons on a phone) that show the access point (or thereabouts, sometimes the area of the city isn't wide enough for this) with the middle square (number 5 on the phone) being the one with the actual access point. I've found 4 sewer access points in the city I'm in right now, and haven't searched everywhere. The sewer area I'm in right now is vast and deep.

gordogomez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2012, 02:34:36 pm »

The guy who gave me the quest say to look for the vamp in the sewers first. If i follow the marker walking around the city i arrive at a spot where there is nothing. I was assuming that i would find the vamp in the sewers exactly under that spot, but the moment i found a sewer entrace and entered the marker changed, showing that i was on the spot. I guess it means that i have to search all along the sewer... I haven't found the vamp so far

edit: and so far the sewers have been empty   :-\
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 02:43:10 pm by gordogomez »

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2012, 03:27:41 pm »

are sewers even suppose to be just water? i seem to have problems with them being 99.9% water with a little bit of walk space where the entrances are. pretty sure its suppose to be more of a stream of water in the middle with walkways on either side like the oblivion type sewers.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

NonconsensualSurgery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2012, 04:16:20 pm »

are sewers even suppose to be just water? i seem to have problems with them being 99.9% water with a little bit of walk space where the entrances are. pretty sure its suppose to be more of a stream of water in the middle with walkways on either side like the oblivion type sewers.

Some sewers have sections that are only accessible if you're a vampire or otherwise do not need to breathe. Quest creatures will sometimes spawn in these sections. I think it's unintended behavior.
Never had a bat massacre people with an axe before.
EDIT2: Oh god, the bat has got a title now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2012, 12:59:10 pm »

So, wait...how do you find sewer entrances?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Aachen

• Bay Watcher
  • Wenzo Pilgrim cancels job: unstuck in time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2012, 01:08:21 pm »

So, wait...how do you find sewer entrances?

Enter fast travel in a town. Switch the mini-map to structure list. Watch for "Sewer Access" to show up in that list. Drop back to the main screen. Look for a ramp or stairs down. Often these entrances are in alleys or off-street niches.

Alternately, look for a keep (or I presume a church). Often the underways will link together somewhere.
Quote from: Rithol Camus
There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is magma.

Quote from: Chinua Achebe
.... For Cliché is pauperized Ecstasy.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2012, 02:53:26 pm »

Hm...Thanks.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.