Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How/Can I mod out Hunger and Thirst from Adventure Mode in 0.34.02?  (Read 5431 times)

Telekinesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm finding with the current setup of hunger and thirst I am not enjoying my time in Adventure mode specifically becuase of it and would like to know whether it is possible to mod the need out say for Dwarf Adventurers. 

This is just my personal opinion please do not be offended: With the implementation of not being able to travel through rivers and your companions drowning in them a person needs to constantly find a way around them, this just increases your time traveling hence your food, and also becuase of this you need sleep more, which increases your food intake and it also seems to be buggy as well as I am full/quenched but yet half starving/thirsty which is just annoying.  I spend far too much time in the menus hitting buttons over and over again and guessing when I can eat even though I'm hungry that it is just not fun for me.  It's not like I'm hurting for food it's that it wont let me eat it and most importantly I find it a very tedious thing as implemented due to the large amount of key presses and menu hunting required.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Re: How/Can I mod out Hunger and Thirst from Adventure Mode in 0.34.02?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 06:13:19 pm »

Give the creature you're adventuring as [NO_EAT] and [NO_DRINK].
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Alexander86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 06:14:25 pm »

I'm just an amateur so I could be wrong, but if you put [NO_EAT][NO_DRINK] under the dwarf creature in your creature_standard file that should accomplish what you want. I would put it down where it says [CANOPENDOORS]and [BENIGN] in that area.  That is in your dwarf fortress/raw/objects folder.

Telekinesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 06:25:31 pm »

I'm just an amateur so I could be wrong, but if you put [NO_EAT][NO_DRINK] under the dwarf creature in your creature_standard file that should accomplish what you want. I would put it down where it says [CANOPENDOORS]and [BENIGN] in that area.  That is in your dwarf fortress/raw/objects folder.

I probably should have mentioned this but I have tried that as I did quite a bit of hunting around to try and find an answer on my own.  I found the creature_standard file (thats the one I came to the conclusion as the most likely file to use, nice to know I was getting there). I also found out about the [NO_EAT][NO_DRINK] tag but was not sure where to enter it and in what format, should it be:

[NO_EAT]
[NO_DRINK] or,

[NO_EAT][NO_DRINK]?

I was also not sure whether the "dwarf entry" at the top of the file was the real one used for dwarfs or just an example as it seems Toady was running a sort of tutorial in there as well on what the various things did interspersed between the various sections, so is there another Dwarf section or is that one with the notes interspersed in it the actual one I have to mod?

I cut and pasted a portion of the text from the top of the file to show you what I mean:

creature_standard

[OBJECT:CREATURE]

[CREATURE:DWARF]
   [DESCRIPTION:A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.]
   [NAME:dwarf:dwarves:dwarven]
   [CASTE_NAME:dwarf:dwarves:dwarven]
   [CREATURE_TILE:1][COLOR:7:0:0]
   [CREATURE_SOLDIER_TILE:2]

Many of the following tags are actually caste-level tags (in this case, male and female), but because there are no differences between the castes for these tags in a dwarf, you can add them earlier.  Any caste-level tag that occurs before castes are explicitly declared is saved up and placed on any caste that is declared later, unless the caste is explicitly derived from another caste.
   [NO_EAT]
   [NO_DRINK]
   [INTELLIGENT]
   [TRANCES]
   [BENIGN]
   [CANOPENDOORS]
   [PREFSTRING:beards]
[BODY:HUMANOID:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:5FINGERS:5TOES:MOUTH:TONGUE:FACIAL_FEATURES:TEETH:RIBCAGE]

Next we use body detail plans (which have their own raw file) to streamline the addition of some of the common materials, tissues and their relationships with each other.

[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]
   [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_TISSUES]
   [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:FAT:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]
   [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HEAD_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS]

Eyebrows and eyelashes are manually added here.

[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:EYEBROW:EYEBROW_TEMPLATE]
   [TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:EYEBROW:ABOVE:BY_CATEGORY:EYE]
   [USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:EYELASH:EYELASH_TEMPLATE]
   [TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:EYELID:EYELASH:FRONT]

And nails.

I tried out a few edits then went into adventure mode but still got hungry and thirsty, I'll go try and hunt down that section you recommended and see if it works while awaiting a reply.  Thank you for the help so far.

Edit: lol as you can see one of my previous [NO_EAT][NO_DRINK] attempted edits is there in the copy and paste.  So it look slike I already tried in the recommended area and got no results, I tried the two formats one [NO_EAT][NO_DRINK], the one shown was
[NO_EAT]
[NO_DRINK]

They both didn't work.

Edit2: Sigh, tried it in this area, both formats and it didn't work either:

[SPEECH:dwarf.txt]
   [HOMEOTHERM:10067]
   [NO_EAT][NO_DRINK]
   [ALCOHOL_DEPENDENT]
   [SWIMS_LEARNED][SWIM_SPEED:2500]
   [PERSONALITY:IMMODERATION:0:55:100]
   [PERSONALITY:VULNERABILITY:0:45:100]
   [PERSONALITY:STRAIGHTFORWARDNESS:0:55:100]
   [MANNERISM_FINGERS:finger:fingers]
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 06:41:28 pm by Telekinesis »

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 06:43:21 pm »

[NO_EAT]
[NO_DRINK] or,

[NO_EAT][NO_DRINK]?

Either one works. You could even write this

[NO_EAT]bunchesandbunchesofwords[NO_DRINK]

and it would still work.

I tried out a few edits then went into adventure mode but still got hungry and thirsty, I'll go try and hunt down that section you recommended and see if it works while awaiting a reply.  Thank you for the help so far.

Edit: lol as you can see one of my previous [NO_EAT][NO_DRINK] attempted edits is there in the copy and paste.  So it look slike I already tried in the recommended area and got no results, I tried the two formats one [NO_EAT][NO_DRINK], the one shown was
[NO_EAT]
[NO_DRINK]

They both didn't work.

There are two different raws. The raws in df_34_## and the save raws. The raws in df_34_## are a template for every world that's created, if you edit those raws you won't edit your saves, just every world you make from now on. To edit your saves go

data -> save -> region (whichever you're using) -> raw -> objects -> creature_standard

Then paste in NO_EAT and NO_DRINK under the creature you want it.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Telekinesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 06:56:22 pm »

[NO_EAT]
[NO_DRINK] or,

[NO_EAT][NO_DRINK]?

Either one works. You could even write this

[NO_EAT]bunchesandbunchesofwords[NO_DRINK]

and it would still work.

[NO_EAT]
[NO_DRINK]

They both didn't work.

There are two different raws. The raws in df_34_## and the save raws. The raws in df_34_## are a template for every world that's created, if you edit those raws you won't edit your saves, just every world you make from now on. To edit your saves go

data -> save -> region (whichever you're using) -> raw -> objects -> creature_standard

Then paste in NO_EAT and NO_DRINK under the creature you want it.

Yes thank you I just came in here to post that I figured it out and you are correct, I found another version of the file under saves and region and entered it here:

[INTELLIGENT]
   [TRANCES]
   [BENIGN]
   [CANOPENDOORS]
   [NO_EAT][NO_DRINK]
   [PREFSTRING:beards]

and it worked like a charm.  Thank you very much.