Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: I am suck at this games.  (Read 5979 times)

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: I am suck at this games.
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2012, 11:27:11 pm »

Mason/mechanic/carpenter/hunter/farmer/farm processor.

I call them Braceros.

makpantek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 29, 2012, 06:21:31 am »

created a 2nd world and ended with first goblin ambush. Sorry no screenshots this time since i just tired of losing and frustrated with the games lack of "control". Some of my dwarves refuse mining, going to workshop and eat my seeds.  And I accidentally infected my whole fortress with moss and fungi and looks like carpets with different colors.

Oh well, gonna take that complete newb pack and start again.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 06:24:43 am by makpantek »

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 29, 2012, 07:09:56 am »

You did not infect your fort, you just breached the caverns.
Moss and fungus only grow in soil layers and on muddied ground.
But you can have underground pastures then and underground tree farms.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 29, 2012, 07:18:34 am »

While you guys laughing at my expense, i would like to as a few newbie's questions.
Where can i make a lever for my floodgate?
Can a dwarf pass through an "open" floodgate? so that i can mine an underground lake to flood my farm.

Now i understand why you guys hate tree hugging elves, they trade tree product but straight away pissed off as soon as i offer wooden barrels full of wine/alcohol.
What's a good(valuable) trading items for trading at the beginning (for all races caravan)?
For some reason on trading phase, it show the weight instead of trading value, perhaps i pressed a wrong button somewhere,
How to set it back so i can see trading values?

You can make a lever for your floodgate anywhere, probably close and in a location where it'll be clear what it is hooked up to. When you make it, you'll need to link it up to the floodgate with two mechanisms. Dwarfs can walk through an open floodgate, yes.

I usually just build a bunch of rock crafts (set on repeat), gets rid of worthless stone, everyone likes them, and you can encrust with gems as well to up the value.

Not sure about the trade question,  I'd have to go look into it. It is probably a hotkey somewhere on the trade screen, tho.

its because your guy doesnt have an apprasier skill.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 29, 2012, 11:32:23 am »

There is more of a 40 Z-level cliff than a learning curve. Heh.

Standard troubleshooting questions for the miners: do they have the labor on, can they route to the dig site, do you have enough picks, are you trying to dig through an aquifer, etc. Failing that: how dutiful and energetic are the dorfs?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]