Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Too many children!  (Read 2806 times)

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
Re: Too many children!
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2012, 11:37:37 pm »

With Broseph's idea, you even get the added benefit of them exploring the caverns!

There are hundreds of ways to dispose of unwanted dwarves. Lock them in rooms filled with traps, captured goblins, feral animals... Hell, just lock them in a room and wait for them to starve (though that's boring). Just be careful of tantrum spirals from the bereaved parents.

For a really good one, read the dwarven childcare thread. Imagine a little kid in a cage dangled over a pit filled with violently bubbling magma... and the cage is filled with attacking animals... and is being alternately doused with magma mist and water... and it's accomplishing something - turning the child into a superhuman killing machine.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Heedicalking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2012, 11:39:53 pm »

I set a burrow on top of the place, now how do i get the babies to go up there? I added them to it, but they don't go?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2012, 11:47:48 pm »

Babies ignore burrows and are carried everywhere by their mothers. Flood the babies off of a cliff instead.

Lpfn1822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2012, 11:48:42 pm »

Children can remove buildings
I accidentally 7 of my kids today when I designated a bunch of floor tiles over lava to be removed. Little suckers killed their friends by taking out all the tiles around them, causing cave-ins. It was very entertaining to watch!

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2012, 11:49:50 pm »

For some reason I am reminded of, "who kill thier babbys, because these babbys can't frigth back? It was on the news this mroing..."
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Heedicalking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2012, 11:52:37 pm »

Babies ignore burrows and are carried everywhere by their mothers. Flood the babies off of a cliff instead.
How would I flood them off? Would eliminating children be easier than babies?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2012, 11:56:46 pm »

How would I flood them off? Would eliminating children be easier than babies?
The trick is to separate the useless babies from their potentially valuable mothers. You can do this by dropping them from a small height, the babies will leave their mothers when they're in the hospital. Alternately you can create a danger room and have the mothers stand in them. The babies will be bludgeoned to death but the mothers should be unharmed.

Nan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2012, 05:57:59 am »

The simplest way to separate mothers from babies is to drop or flush mothers into water. The mothers will climb out, leaving the babies in the water. If the water is 7 deep, the babies will then drown. If you don't want to kill the babies by drowning then you'll need a way to drain the pond. For example, having the pond less than 7 deep and the floor of the pond a retracting bridge, would let you separate the babies from the mothers, then drop the babies to their splattery deaths (actually since you have water already, you could flush them down a drain to some interesting destination - if the drain consists of a series of 1z drops then the babies will survive to be killed/eaten by whatever awaits at the bottom). You could also have the floor of the pond a raising bridge and just atomsmash the babies.
Pages: 1 [2]