Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help with pyromancer  (Read 2385 times)

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
Help with pyromancer
« on: February 18, 2012, 09:18:23 am »

So, the secret stuff seems really interesting and flexible- Thus i wanted to work a bit with it. It`s maddening, though. After some trial and error i managed to get a Pyromancer working, to an exent.

My problem is the following: I wanted to gift the pyromancer with the ability to conjure a flamejet; I simply copied the one from the fire imps. It works- But the flamejet causes no damage at all. Any ideas how to make the jet strong enough to actually set something on fire?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Help with pyromancer
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 09:45:08 am »

If you want a really impressive jet that will certainly set things alight, use DRAGONFIRE rather than FIREJET. I also recommend making your pyromancers turn into a new, fireproof race when they learn the secret, otherwise in practice they die immediately to their own fire.

I have my own pyromancer, if you'd like me to pastebin it.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 09:53:59 am »

Interested as well :) I want to incorporate an upgrade system for dwarves, to learn magic. New possibilities are great :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 10:02:33 am »

Gonna mod a fire mage soon into my game as well. Fire is cool, after all.

Also why is your pyromancer unaging ?

Maybe add FIREIMMUNE_SUPER, MAGMA_VISION, and other fire creature tags.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 10:20:16 am »

The selection of tokens you can add via a syndrome is very limited. FIREIMMUNE and the like aren't on the list.

My pyromancer:

My mentalist:
Also known as Zuhayr.

mithosaurion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 10:23:39 am »

Now I am curious, where did you put these raws?  In the Interactions_Standard file?  how are they implemented or found for that matter?

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 10:30:06 am »

If you want a really impressive jet that will certainly set things alight, use DRAGONFIRE rather than FIREJET. I also recommend making your pyromancers turn into a new, fireproof race when they learn the secret, otherwise in practice they die immediately to their own fire.

I have my own pyromancer, if you'd like me to pastebin it.

Tried Dragonfire already and it didnt cause any damage either.

I will probably try to morph the Pyromancer into a humanoid with all relevant tags, then. Too bad that one can`t add things like fireimmune via such secrets yet.

(My Pyromancer was unaging simply for the reason that during world gen one of those could grow very old and could become pretty powerful.)

I also somewhat dislike the "make a new race" solution- For i`d like to be able to learn different secrets.

Oh god i`m so stupid. -_- OFC Temperature was turned off. <-<

Thanks for the help, though!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 10:40:48 am by Lordinquisitor »

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 10:39:32 am »

Now I am curious, where did you put these raws?  In the Interactions_Standard file?  how are they implemented or found for that matter?

I put mine in interactions_wanderer.txt. You can name the file whatever you like, so long as the header contains the file name and [OBJECT:INTERACTION]. Take a look in raw/interaction examples.  You find them in-game by locating a book or slab inscribed with the secret (in a tower or town, generally) and reading it.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Teldin

• Bay Watcher
  • Canadian Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 10:41:55 am »

Interaction_standard (or your own interaction text file) is where you put interaction templates that aren't already predefined, like 'MATERIAL_EMISSION'. Entirely new types of interactions start with INTERACTION:BLAH there. To give a creature the ability to actually use those interactions you would put the second part [CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:BLAH] in a creature entity, such as in creature_standard.txt. They don't all have to go in creature entries though; interactions that can affect many different types of creatures/locations/objects or don't have associated commands with them, such as vampirism or necromancy or elf blood rain, simply go in interaction_standard.txt.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2012, 10:42:18 am »

The selection of tokens you can add via a syndrome is very limited. FIREIMMUNE and the like aren't on the list.

My pyromancer:

My mentalist:

Dragon polymorph spell ? AWESOME !

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2012, 11:07:40 am »

On the matter of Polymorph: Has anyone tested what happens when a creature is subject to more than one werecurses at the same time?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2012, 01:08:13 pm »

The default ones mutually exclude each other.

Custom transformation go in order. The second one takes effect as soon as the first one is done. For example: dog from 0-100, cat from 5-200. This way you become a dog for 100 ticks, then a cat for 195 ticks.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::