Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: how do you kill a mummy :|  (Read 4560 times)

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
how do you kill a mummy :|
« on: February 17, 2012, 06:04:03 pm »

i just got torn to little tiny bits by a mummy i couldn't kill it with iron or silver arrows and ended up having a LARGE amount of mummy parts after me doing just about nothing.
so how do i kill something that just reanimates anything it looses?
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

xeivous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: how do you kill a mummy :|
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 06:07:09 pm »

bisection.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 06:07:15 pm »

Behead the bastard.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 06:09:32 pm »

i was trying both of those after i striped it of all its clothes in hopes of making it more easy to bisect/behead, didnt work too bell, after i had removed all its clothes it bit off my hand right though my finely crafted iron gauntlets.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Digger350

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 06:09:54 pm »

You need to rip away the flesh at their lower body, than whack em half, or De-Head them.
If You kill a Re-animated body part of it, It'll just bleed to death on re-ANimation, so kill all the parts you knock off

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 06:12:27 pm »

You need to rip away the flesh at their lower body, than whack em half, or De-Head them.
If You kill a Re-animated body part of it, It'll just bleed to death on re-ANimation, so kill all the parts you knock off

strange, i killed my own hand many MANY times in attempt to get farther away from the mummy when i was about to die. it didn't bleed to death on reanimation.

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 06:19:40 pm »

I didn't think zombies even could bleed to death?
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 06:24:51 pm »

I didn't think zombies even could bleed to death?
They can't.

Intro1827

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2012, 07:39:17 pm »

They can, but they probably shouldn't be able to. Just another bug that's going to be fixed.
In mid air, the dwarf continued to take hits from both the minecart and his own falling axe.

Shinziril

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2012, 11:16:17 pm »

More specifically, while raiding some tombs I found that one or two stabs to the lower body would take out the undead minions, and while the mummy would try to re-raise them, they would "bleed to death" a tick later.  This includes reanimated mummy limbs.

Another tip for mummies: mummy curse sucks, but they can't curse you if you're stealthed.  Get Legendary+(whatever) Ambusher and you can finish the fight without ever breaking stealth, thus avoiding being cursed.  Generally, I'd go for their head if I got an easy shot, or one of their limbs if not (mummy limbs fall off like they're made of paper).  Removing their limbs won't kill them, but it does prevent them from punching you and/or slow them down, which doesn't hurt.  If they're soldier mummies with a helmet, wrestle the helmet off so you can get a good shot at their head- decapitation or bisection is the only thing that properly kills them, and decapitation requires less chopping than bisection. 
Quote from: lolghurt
Quote from: Urist McTaverish
why is Dwarven science always on fire?
Because normal science is boring

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2012, 11:38:22 pm »

Quickly.