Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: With the---? And the---? WHAT? (Non-migrants with my migrant wave?!)  (Read 873 times)

BlackScarPaladin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, so I've got two hoopleheads even more useless than usual.  They're not part of the fortress, apparently.  They're chilling out on Zombie Hill, NOT being part of the population, sitting as two little purple @'s.  They're both traders, but they're not here to trade.  They're migrants.  But not.  Does anyone know what's going on here?!

gildarumarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: With the---? And the---? WHAT? (Non-migrants with my migrant wave?!)
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 03:14:04 am »

I also have a trader hanging around near the edge of a map. He is 'friendly' and apparently came with migrant. 

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 03:15:30 am »

I've heard of this bug... I can't remember what caused it, or if there's a workaround... Maybe a quick search might do some good.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 03:19:20 am »

I think that is the historical figures thing - a dwarf merchant, one of the kind that trades in Adventure mode shops, came to your fortress. He is set for trading AI, so he found a place that is good for trading. Sadly, he didn't bring in any goodies, so he can't trade, BUT the raws make him stay in one place, just by his supplies.

Short answer - no, you can't do anything except for smelting dwarfinite off him, if he has any.

NinjaBoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 04:40:45 am »

Just think of him as a willing look-out for ambushes/thieves and a nice distraction for sieges if you happen to be caught with your trousers down.