Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My Delima  (Read 821 times)

Batmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My Delima
« on: February 17, 2012, 02:29:14 pm »

So Ive robbed a necromancer of his prized books, taken the secrets of life and death, and as a result quickly became a legendary fighter and master lasher.

Its a strong contrast to normal play, as even the bands of kobolds and bandits dont stand in my way, let alone if i start Raising their own party's Heads to eat them alive.

But im on a small island, and my poor necromancer cant swim, any tips for teaching the skill?

I just keep drowning.
See, I play as a highland lord, I light the torches its time for war, I'll ride through a rival town weilding a ball and chain made of spikes and thorns, or a longsword, with the hilt made out of a dinosaurs spinal chord, sharpened against a rhino's horn, when you swing it it sounds like a lions roar!

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: My Delima
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 02:34:37 pm »

Go to a river and jump in. Move up and down for about 5 turns, then get back up. Repeat until you have adequate skill.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Batmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 03:21:16 pm »

Okay, so now with adequate swimming skills the Ocean freezes over, when im around 1/4 of the way. in the 'Q' menu its about 4 tiles the whole way.

I then tried waiting till nighttime, and started running across the ice at 1400 movement speed, i expected it to thaw mid/early morning then i could swim the remaining length.

Problem is, Once i get roughly the same distance, if not less, there is a 1 Block high wall of ice, stretching north and south, preventing me from progressing.

killed some immersion, broke my spirits.

Tried lighting a camp fire, this melted the wall and water came gushing out. any attempt to swim thorugh it/under it leaves me frozen.

DKWTFTD
See, I play as a highland lord, I light the torches its time for war, I'll ride through a rival town weilding a ball and chain made of spikes and thorns, or a longsword, with the hilt made out of a dinosaurs spinal chord, sharpened against a rhino's horn, when you swing it it sounds like a lions roar!

Crinkles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 03:59:35 pm »

What month is it? You could try waiting a long time for it to become summer, to prevent it from freezing over, though that may not work if the biome is sufficiently cold.

Batmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 07:36:08 pm »

Ive waited for perfect weather conditions, heavy snow and cold wins from the west.

This is the most tense thing ive done. just over halfway, no signs of thawing.

The 133 noteable kills are going to be nothing compared to the havoc the mainland will see.

Turns out the walls could be walked around, dunno knows what causes them, theyre uniform in shape, and stretch very far on the local-local map.

I can only assume i was frozen solid as the ocean rapidly thawed and froze again, as i lost a lot of fps, followed by a sudden spike and total lock up..

looks like im waiting for summer.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 07:56:41 pm by Batmantis »