Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dungeons are the best place to start exploring  (Read 4994 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons are the best place to start exploring
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2012, 09:37:16 am »

Dungeons and catacombs are two different things, and dungeons don't have traps or mummies in them. Catacombs are located all under a town, while dungeons are directly under a town's fortress (and accessed through its keep). It is possible a town's catacombs will be connected to its dungeon; I know sewers can be connected to dungeons (can a town have both sewers and catacombs?).

I found two sets of traps in rooms directly off the main stairwell from the fortress. Then again, it also was filled with bodies too. Going straight down even further about 3 levels, I started finding mummies. Honestly, to me, Sewers, Catacombs and Dungeons seem to pretty much blend together.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2012, 10:19:24 am »

Screw you guys, Went to a tomb, fought a single mummy and got enough loot to arm several armies with finely-crafted platinum/zircon encrusted shit. Traps are fun, but if you have put any points in observer you will most of them, and if you have high dodge, some observer and are a humee, you'll get loaded with armor right off the bat-- don't even need to worry about traps after that. Except arrows, which are broken. Oh, and did I mention that all the treasure piles seem to respawn? Yeah. Theoretically, draw a map of the place while you're there = infinite free loot.

My question is, how the hell do you find dorf/elf armor? Gobbos seem to be the only way I've seen, excluding fortress mode.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2012, 12:02:58 pm »

You do realize your adventure would've pretty much ended right there and the if the mummy cursed you?

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2012, 08:28:10 pm »

Pfft, he cursed me but it's only manifested itself when I was wrassling a kobold into pieces. Totes worth it.

-edit
Not so much if you savefag, but with the fanciness/qualitiy of the armor you get, and the likelyhood of getting ohk'd in every single ambush, I'd say cost-benefit analysis = acceptable risk for the reward.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 08:31:20 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2012, 10:09:12 pm »

I found two sets of traps in rooms directly off the main stairwell from the fortress. Then again, it also was filled with bodies too. Going straight down even further about 3 levels, I started finding mummies. Honestly, to me, Sewers, Catacombs and Dungeons seem to pretty much blend together.

They are recognized as different locations by the map and legends mode: going from one to another you'll see your displayed location change (and as you're passing the border from one to the other it may saying you're back in the town itself).

Alestom

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Scotsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2012, 10:26:31 pm »

My most sucessful adventurer yet, a great axeman, professional dodger and adept shield user, ran straight into a tomb.....A spinning iron great axe got imbedded in my chest and as I went to run back out, I stepped on another trap and it broke my knee with a silver maul. THEN I decided to see if there was any decent gear in the next room..... LOLJOKES mummy and 70 skeletons wake up and proceed to ROFLSTOMP me......
If I had my time again, I know Id be a fighting man

In far Malay or Vietnam, Though I am more a lover

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2012, 10:45:02 pm »

I'm sure he'll make a fine addition to their little family. HE KNEW THE DANGERS GOING IN, DON'T YOU BLAME ME!

« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 10:46:44 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2012, 12:57:20 am »

Somebody can tell me how can i get loot from the corpse that flyed onto the statue after bashing strike?
Finis sanctificat media.

keyreper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2012, 01:13:12 am »

while i am throwig coins at crossbowmen.
I think I've spotted your problem.
small objects thrown can be quite effective weapons you know?
The anwser to life, the universe, and everything as we know it is -MAGMA-

Haus Party

• Bay Watcher
  • Haus cancels Write paper: Taken by Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2012, 03:47:24 am »

Or just (L)ook closely for traps. Once spotted, they're disarmed.

That's not true. I stepped on one that was sitting beneath a chest. I knew it was there, but curiosity got the better of me. Trap still went off.
Pages: 1 [2]