Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sewers Uggh  (Read 1340 times)

Arzhul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sewers Uggh
« on: February 16, 2012, 10:04:27 am »

I'm trying to find the sewers to do some dude's quest about killing someone.
Followed the directions for the TSK until I got the stars.
Now I'm just walking in circles trying to find the entrance and can't find it.
Was I supposed to enter the sewers before following the TSK thing?

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sewers Uggh
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 10:16:34 am »

Honestly, I wouldn't care about doing tasks in sewers.

Why? Sewers have TONS of animal men, I never found the task subject, but I killed 6 other animal man leaders and one animal man vampire. So you don't really NEED to actually do the task.

There is also that since animal men don't use armor, they are easy practice for fighter and weapon skills :D And by killing many animal man leaders you can recruit soldiers/citizens as meatshield in case of ambushes!

Arzhul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 02:14:50 pm »

I see your point :P
Still I hate seeing the task being stuck in my log and I'd appreciate fighting off easy mobs to level up!
Any tips for locating sewers?

sektor666

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 02:27:00 pm »

I had the exact same problem. Goes for catacombs too. I sometimes find a grate in the ground at the 'TSK' location, showing some of the underground, but with no apparent means of getting there.
Now I just tend to immediately give up when I'm given a sewer/catacomb quest.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 02:29:22 pm »

Fast travel through town until "Sewer Entrance" shows up on your nearby buildings.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 03:25:41 pm »

I'm still laughing my ass off that we're all EXCITED for a sewer level (even if it's a z-level) in a game. Toady must be doing something extremely right or horribly wrong.
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Arzhul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 03:55:46 pm »

Thanks!
Now, off to rip some more bodyparts  :)

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 06:40:32 pm »

The most reliable way into the sewers is via the castle basement. Temple catacombs also often have an entrance. 'sewer entrance' currently appears to be bugged in that the stairs down do not always spawn.

You need to be either a fantastic swimmer or a vampire/necromancer, because large areas of the sewers are almost completely underwater. Also, whilst the animalmen down there are pretty simple to kill, you will face intense hordes of them so don't come down without proper preparation. A full set of armour is extremely useful at warding off their blows: I also suggest a cloak and coat to ward off hits to the throat. I spent a good couple of hours last night down in the sewers with a human vampire and ended up with over 70 animalman kills and went from novice to grandmaster miner. I did, however, lose half my nose, right ear and all of my bottom row of teeth from lucky shots to the face while autoattacking. A mask might help with that.