Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How to Survive  (Read 3534 times)

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
Re: How to Survive
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2012, 12:42:37 am »

I agree with the OP if by armor you mean living armor. You must always bring meatshields. Many, many meatshields. Become a necromancer for reusable meatshields.

Ranged combat is deadly again, which means you can't roleplay Beowulf anymore.

Deadly for us at least.
I've seen a long series of bandits get peppered with adamantine serrated discs (Dwarven shuriken!), only for them to calmly pull them out and drop them on the floor.

...Also a wolf. I'm not sure how she pulled it out.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

Berserkenstein

• Bay Watcher
  • A giant humanoid monster with the head of a bull.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2012, 01:07:04 am »

I agree with the OP if by armor you mean living armor. You must always bring meatshields. Many, many meatshields. Become a necromancer for reusable meatshields.

Ranged combat is deadly again, which means you can't roleplay Beowulf anymore.

Deadly for us at least.
I've seen a long series of bandits get peppered with adamantine serrated discs (Dwarven shuriken!), only for them to calmly pull them out and drop them on the floor.

...Also a wolf. I'm not sure how she pulled it out.
Actually I find that archery is really good for players as well.  I have been shooting the crap out of people recently and it is super-effective!  It seems that bolts and arrows when fired from crossbows or arrows can even knock people back.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2012, 01:15:25 am »

Crossbow bolts have always been nasty when they hit.

But after this patch, single arrows are wrecking my characters. I've lost three now, two to arrow traps, and a third to a kobold archer. If it's not a lung shot, it's a fractured bone and passing out in the middle of combat. If it's not a hit to the spine instantly paralyzing you, it's getting one right in the dome.

I think I agree with the assessment above that the best armor is lots of friends. Consider it a mercy to them, they'll die of starvation anyways.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2012, 02:21:15 am »

were-ism also helps your adventurers... i got my legendary swordsman to become a wererhinoceros and after that one crazy night, i regenerated my lost hand and all former scars were gone!!!!
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson
Pages: 1 [2]