Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to heal dwarfs?  (Read 1268 times)

Anjey aka PM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to heal dwarfs?
« on: November 06, 2007, 09:00:00 am »

I've got dwarf with injured left hand (it's red). It do nothing but resting in his bed, consuming food and water. He's hand is red during 2 seasons and he's resting all that time. Do i need some special equipment to make him healed

Also how to force dwarfs pick up leather armor I've made? I've assigned in their "soldering and hunting" menu to use leather armor but they simply ignored armor, lying in stockpiles  :(

thanx for help

he greatest programming project of all took six days; on the seventh day the programmer rested. We''ve been trying to debug the *&^%$#@ thing ever since. Moral: design before you implement.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to heal dwarfs?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 09:12:00 am »

As the first, healing just takes time. Nothing you can do to speed it up I'm afraid. And as to the second they should automatically collect them, however they will only do this if you have hunting enabled as a job or if you make them into soldiers.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Anjey aka PM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 10:15:00 am »

my wounded dwarf just died...  :(

thanx for answer anyway

he greatest programming project of all took six days; on the seventh day the programmer rested. We''ve been trying to debug the *&^%$#@ thing ever since. Moral: design before you implement.

Haedrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 11:42:00 am »

Check that they don't already have armour, use the v command, and then nventory
When life gives you kittens, make biscuits

Likes llamas for their long necks