Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: "Dynamic World" games  (Read 13869 times)

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
Re: "Dynamic World" games
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2012, 09:17:53 pm »

Is there some way to get a "spectator" mode in Paradox games? I enjoy turning on high aggression in EU3 and seeing what comes out but it's hard to find a country that's far away from trouble but can still observe the world.
At this point I'm considering modding in a dummy civ like the Deep Ones or something which the other civs can't reach. Perhaps a civ in the middle of a wasteland with the highest tech that can see the whole map.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2012, 09:42:06 pm »

Is there some way to get a "spectator" mode in Paradox games? I enjoy turning on high aggression in EU3 and seeing what comes out but it's hard to find a country that's far away from trouble but can still observe the world.
At this point I'm considering modding in a dummy civ like the Deep Ones or something which the other civs can't reach. Perhaps a civ in the middle of a wasteland with the highest tech that can see the whole map.
I know that in a couple of them there exists a spectator mode, if you open the console with alt+21 and type observe then you become a non-entity in crusader kings 2, not sure about other games.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2012, 10:27:14 pm »

Doesn't seem to work for EU3 sadly. After doing a (rather lazy) google search I couldn't find anything either.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2012, 10:35:55 pm »

A small french vassal might be the closest you can get.

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2012, 10:57:00 pm »

For Vicky 2, being an Indian vassal should work for observation purposes. For EU3, I seem to recall the easiest thing to do is to go Inca for a hundred or so years, then alternate to some other country when the Europeans arrive.

For HOI2, Switzerland or Haiti are about the safest, but HOI2 unfortunately lacks a lot of the dynamism of the previous games. Japan will beat China 9/10 times and install a puppet regime (out of the remaining 1/10, about 75% of the time that just means Japan does something really stupid, loses lots of troops, and gets stuck in a stalemate along the former Shanxi Clique's land and 25% of the time China will steamroll through Korea and make things interesting), Germany will conquer Europe, and flip a coin to see whether they crush the Soviets or not (The American AI is, in my experience, too dumb to attack the Germans in Europe so the Germans have a slight advantage).

However, HOI2 is also one of the easiest to manipulate. Barring the ol' "Puppet is really the Master" trick of dragging big countries into silly wars through a small nation, there are plenty of other tricks in my box. For example:
Take every major power via save-trading, give them 100% dissent through minister swapping, use cheats to make the colonizing powers (Britain, France) high closed society policy, sit back and enjoy. Germany usually comes off without much pain except a harder fight with Poland, but the USSR basically collapses in a giant technicolour mess while Africa is taken over by an absurd number of angry rebel countries (India might get pretty black, but the British will throw everything at stopping Indian rebels including invaders from independent Burma, so it'll always stay the jewel of the Empire). It breaks the game and completely stops the events in their tracks (Poland beating a Prussia-less Germany can do that), but its pretty fun nonetheless
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2012, 02:47:17 pm »

Transcendence, or at least some mods of it, allows varying degrees of inter-faction interaction. It has a lot of modability and a big centeral mod database. It is best described as a 2D realtime space roguelike.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2012, 05:14:18 pm »

Transcendence, or at least some mods of it, allows varying degrees of inter-faction interaction. It has a lot of modability and a big centeral mod database. It is best described as a 2D realtime space roguelike.

Don't let the front page of Transcendence fool you. Go to the forum for the most up to date version.

InfiniVide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2012, 09:42:59 pm »

Relevant to my interests. PTF
Pages: 1 [2]