Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Historical migrants are FPS-effective?  (Read 1236 times)

mdqp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Historical migrants are FPS-effective?
« on: March 20, 2012, 02:45:23 am »

Isn't that right? I mean, is it just me, or there are a LOT of married couples that arrive now? That way, you need only 1 room for 2 dwarves, and you need less rooms and furniture, which in turn is a good thing to avoid FPS death. Though I am guessing there might be other problems on the long run, since there will be more children... Thoughts?

P.s. Another question concerning one of the new features, the vampires: I heard that they inevitably become slow because they can't drink alcohol (I have re-started playing dwarf fortress only recently, so I have yet to see one, so I don't know), does it happens even if I let them feed on my dwarves? Also, does anyone knows how often do they feed?

JoshBrickstien

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the aspect of one fey!
    • View Profile
Re: Historical migrants are FPS-effective?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 03:02:42 am »

It is helpful, yes. Especially if you decide to kill off virtually all spouses in the fort so that non of the dwarves re-marry or produce more children. That would help FPS in the longrun too
Edit: OH GOD, THE LEATHERS ARE MULTIPLYING WHENEVER I SLEEP.

Malarauko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 07:07:56 am »

I'd say way more than half of my dwarves are married and I currently have 55 children in a fort of 220 dwarves. I think its because of the new relationships thing. Migrants now have more of a backstory and more family members.
Dwarf Fortress - Losing is fun.

Draximo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 08:11:44 am »

I should definately have my migrant dwarf who slew over 300 things as the leader of the military, especially if they are a vamp, they can infight amongst the undead.