Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Has anyone weaponized the Necromancers yet?  (Read 1308 times)

Eddren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Has anyone weaponized the Necromancers yet?
« on: February 15, 2012, 08:52:17 am »

Ignoring for the moment that Necromancers seem to be the world's greatest(And yet, most unoriginal,) authors, has anyone been visited by a Necromancer, and successfully found a way to weaponize them?
Ah, my dwarven heart beats with fierce pride for this.  I can't take it anymore!  I have to go do something profound.

Nameless Archon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone weaponized the Necromancers yet?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 10:31:36 am »

Ignoring for the moment that Necromancers seem to be the world's greatest(And yet, most unoriginal,) authors, has anyone been visited by a Necromancer, and successfully found a way to weaponize them?
Techniques involving cage-trapping the necro, then stationing him in a fortified bunker and dropping corpses outside it so they can be animated through fortifications has been mentioned. Moats of living dead, roofed by retracting bridges, seem feasible - dodge-traps over pits full of skeletal and zombie critters look like they'd be impressively effective, especially if there's no need to retrieve anything from the pit.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone weaponized the Necromancers yet?
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 10:45:11 am »

Typical Bay12: New feature, Weaponize it!

Seriously though, people could apply the same rules to GCS silk farms to weaponize them. That is, assuming that pathing is the same in the previous 2010 version.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.