Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Townsgame  (Read 4230 times)

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Townsgame
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2012, 07:32:39 pm »

I have a common sense and you can't read. Haven't said ever that Towns game is a copy cat 1:1. Geez...
Not only are you a complete and utter moron, you are also a liar (and a not very good one at that):
Quote from: NaTT link=topic=100647.msg2982960#msg2982960
Copying idea 1:1 one isn't bad for ya? : ) Sad world you live in...
You have a lot of gall to claim that you have "a common sense"(sic). Now:
Won't start such topics ever again, promise ; P
I am certainly going to hold you to that promise, liar.

Infuriated

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2012, 07:37:05 pm »

I'd really love to believe that this guy doesn't understand the concept of genres, but I'm not blind. This dude is clearly rolling quite a few of you with easy trolling methods.

1.) Touchy/Controversial subjects
2.) Acting like he's 12 (when in reality he's 24 eating doritos in his parents garage)
3.) General inconsistencies/contradictions just to get a rise out of you

Best thing you can do is drop the thread, I've already defiled my soul by posting this warning and bumping the topic. Don't make my sacrifice meaningless. ???

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2012, 08:07:01 pm »

OMG EVERYTHINGS A RIP OFF OF EVERYTHING!!!

Tell me, which do you like better? Doom? Quake? CoD? MW? Are they Rip offs of each other? OMG YES you know why!?!?! CAUSE ITS A FPS!!!!!! SHOCK HORROR!!!

Tell me, which do you like better? Escape from Monkey Island? Sam and Max? Other Point and click adventure games using the same damn system!!?!?!?!?!?

If you know anything about game design, there is nothing close to originality any more. Everythings been done before in some way or form, there will always be an idiot that points at two games and says, OMG RIPOFF!!!!, without knowing anything about it. Minecraft and Terraria for example. Both have the same idea, destroy/collect blocks from the world to build constructions out of said blocks. BUT its those little things that make it different that define it. Knowing what inspires a game, and causes it to grow and become something of its own does not make it a rip off. Making something thats a direct copy of said game is...

Want a REALLY GOOD example of a Ripoff???
http://www.neoseeker.com/news/18218-farmville-creator-zynga-caught-ripping-off-indie-developer-with-new-ios-title/
There we go, theres your rip off. A game that is exactly the same from the ground up. Nothing changed except the "Creator" and the graphics and prob the method on which money is made from it.

Towns is not a Rip Off of DF, its inspired and may have started out very similar until the Dev started working on how he wanted to advance things. Thus what it has become now...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2012, 08:08:45 pm »

Sigh, you guys are overreacting a bit too much to him.

Just cool it with the ad hominem attacks and insults.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.
Pages: 1 2 [3]