Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: satisfying furniture demands  (Read 1095 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
satisfying furniture demands
« on: February 13, 2012, 10:35:50 pm »

I have a mayor who has managed to remain elected for 3 terms now. I think he's the dwarf version of senato kennedy...

Regardless, he popped off a demand for an electrum door on his office.  I built him one. He does not acknowledge that it has been built.

How do I get him to accept that his demand has in fact been satisfied before he goes apeshit?

Name Lips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: satisfying furniture demands
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 10:37:32 pm »

Try building it in a weird corner of his room, like fully "inside" as opposed to being a regular entryway door.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 10:41:19 pm »

Ok.. apparently he is happy with a door to nowhere stuck to the side of his office.

Is this a known bug? He effectively has 2 electrum doors now... (I didn't get it in fast enough to avoid the bad thought, but at least he didn't go ballistic.)

Name Lips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 10:44:27 pm »

I think it's because when you designate a room, it doesn't include the squares occupied by doors. So the doorway wasn't technically in a space designated as his room.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 10:47:11 pm »

So, if I were to destroy the door in the doorway, and resize the room so that the room's floor stuck out into the doorway, then rebuilt the door, it would register?

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 10:49:58 pm »

He's demanding a door *in* his room, not *to* his room.  It's his electrum door, he doesn't want any common dwarves looking at it.

So, if I were to destroy the door in the doorway, and resize the room so that the room's floor stuck out into the doorway, then rebuilt the door, it would register?

That should work, yes.  The room will then be including part of the hallway, and the door will count as being inside the room.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Name Lips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 10:53:36 pm »

I think so, yes.

tommy521

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 10:54:58 pm »

He's demanding a door *in* his room, not *to* his room.  It's his electrum door, he doesn't want any common dwarves looking at it.
Made me laugh so hard. Man I need to go to bed...

htabdoolb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 12:43:05 am »

I think you can also set the door to be and "interior" door, or something like that, and room designations will no longer be blocked by it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 12:56:39 am »

Made me laugh so hard. Man I need to go to bed...
Dude, everyone has a door leading to nowhere for the sole purpose of admiration.

Deus Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 03:28:09 am »

Yes, set the door to 'interior' and resize the room.

The trouble with that is I somehow always manage to make rooms that start including parts of hallways by the time I have all the doors included.
Quote from: KillerClowns
Beneath the slade, there is sheep. By all that his holy, there are so many sheep down there. I don't know why it's sheep.

daggaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 09:59:49 am »

Dude, everyone has a door leading to nowhere for the sole purpose of admiration.

My door leads to another door, which leads to an engraving of a door admiring a door.  If only I could get my artisans to emboss my doors with more doors.