Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Quesstion ablout text files  (Read 688 times)

funnybutcher

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Quesstion ablout text files
« on: February 05, 2012, 04:18:32 am »

Me and few more prople are going to translate Dwarf fortress into Russian.
We are full of enthusiasm, but got a problem. We can't find any files with text, so please help us and just give files with texts.

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Quesstion ablout text files
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 07:03:42 am »

Me and few more prople are going to translate Dwarf fortress into Russian.
We are full of enthusiasm, but got a problem. We can't find any files with text, so please help us and just give files with texts.

You guys haven't really bothered to look hard enough. Though I'm not sure where everything are... In data file there are dibscript folder which are probably the pop up messages and diplomat conversations in fortress mode and in same data folder there is folder named speech which is probably for adventure mode.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 06:44:23 pm »

A lot of the text in the game is hard coded.  I know that some people have translated parts of the game.  Try checking the Modding forum, that's where people who change the game data around (which is what you're trying to do) hang out.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

sockless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 07:13:42 pm »

Wouldn't you have a problem with the cryllic?
Iv seen people who haven't had a redheaded person in their family for quite a while, and then out of nowhere two out of three of their children have red hair.
What color was the mailman's hair?