Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SkullGirls, didn't see a thread  (Read 1000 times)

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
SkullGirls, didn't see a thread
« on: June 16, 2014, 10:20:24 pm »

Copied form steam:
About the Game
Skullgirls is a fast-paced 2-D fighting game that puts players in control of fierce warriors in an extraordinary Dark Deco world. Featuring all-new game systems which test the skills of veteran fighting game fans while also making the genre enjoyable and accessible to newcomers.

Skullgirls is a modern take on classic arcade fighters with a hand-drawn high-definition twist. It’s a one-of-a-kind, action-packed competition complete with awesome combos and an intriguing backstory.

Anyway, it's on sale on gamersgate, so picked up a copy. What are your people's thoughts on the game, anyone play much?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: SkullGirls, didn't see a thread
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 10:46:55 pm »

I heard this has a spectacular training mode, but I don't remember much else about it, and I'm not that great at fighting games in the first place.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 11:24:02 pm »

Compared to Street Fighter IV the tutorial is much more beginner friendly. It explains things like combos, going from low hits to medium hits and so on.

It is easier to play than Street Fighter. Timing is less strict and so combos are easier to pull off. That being said, going from singleplayer to multiplayer will still end up with you being combed to death. Such is fighting games.

Storyline plays out over about 6 fights with still cut scenes between. The character designs are imaginative and one of the most impressive aspects of the game is the modelling system for the animation. The characters have real time lighting when effects go off near them and the animation is very smooth. If you're interested I would recommend looking up a video on how they did it.

The game is still being updated. A few months ago they added a new character "Big Band" and a april fools joke clone of "Filia" called "Fukua". I think there's two other characters they're planning to add, "Beowulf" who uses a folding chair and a blood themed singer called "Eliza".

It's good fun and the music is quite catchy. There are a lot of references in the characters dialogue and moves to movies, anime, memes and so on.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 06:53:08 am »

This mothafunkin' game is hella fun!

I've got maybe 55 hours on it so far. Best with Double, Ms Fortune and Fukua. I can relatively easily do the Arcade mode on Nightmare difficulty with two characters - but online absolutely shreds me.

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 10:05:42 am »

No relation, but Skull Girl has been around since 2006.

http://www.supertemps.ca/index.html
()==[:::::::::::::>

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 05:39:22 pm »

My biggest complaint is that matches take too long. But if you play it casually, that probably won't matter too much.