Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventure Only Mod  (Read 831 times)

funymunky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adventure Only Mod
« on: February 09, 2012, 12:20:49 am »

So, are there any mods that only affect Adventure mode? I don't want to change Fortress mode, because I'm happy with it the way it is, but are there any mods to enhance the Adventure mode? Is it even possible?

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Only Mod
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 12:34:15 am »

What exactly do you want to improve? More monsters in adv. mode? Can't have that without affecting fortress mode. Want new casts for dwarfs? Too bad, that also affect fort mode.

The only mod I can think of is using reactions that can only be used in Adv mode.

funymunky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 12:37:53 am »

Yeah, I was thinking of something along the line of adding crafting, and I'd be okay with just tweaking combat I guess, even though it would affect Fortress mode.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 12:53:19 am »

First off, you should look for Lofn's Wanderer's Friend mod if you want crafting. Note that it adds a TON of craftable adventurer reactions, and it might be hard to navigate through all that.

As for combat, I'm not sure where to look. Deon's Genesis mod has a revamped adventure mode experience (including new civs, weapons, bodyparts), although it also adds a ton more features to fortress mode, something that you might not want.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

funymunky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 01:01:31 am »

The Genesis mod was actually what made me want an adventure mode mod. It all looks really cool, but it changes the Fortress mode too much. I'll look into that Wanderer's Friend though, thanks for the suggestion!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 01:03:52 am »

If you don't switch back and forth between modes on the same world then you could always have one set of raws for 'fortress' worlds and one set for 'adventure' worlds. I would still suggest checking out Wanderer's Friend though, since it's really the only "adventure mode only" mod out there that I know of.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

funymunky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 01:05:37 am »

Actually, that could work. Then I could have the best of both worlds.