Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Quick Question/ New MOD  (Read 500 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Quick Question/ New MOD
« on: February 04, 2012, 12:36:40 am »

Alright, so i've been fooling around with modding my game for a few weeks now and i'm getting serious with a zombie infection mod with humans playing as survivors. I have guns set up for them (that work now) and every normal animal/creature edited to fit my game scheme (I also brought several [most] underground creatures above ground and modded them.) However, i want my infected to be more violent, and i have them prone to rage, but what i envisioned is a harder defense sort of mod (As most of my new creatures are very capable of wiping out scores of wandering dwarves before being dealt with by a military) the only problem i'm having is that they just pick off woodcutters and silly hunters that think they can take down a 10000000 size zombie mutant thing and aren't attacking the fortress. So here i ask of two things:

1) I ask the modding community for modding imput and suggestions/advice

2) I ask for way to make my infected charge the fortress instead of wandering the edges of my map.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Question/ New MOD
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 01:10:08 am »

See this for examples.

I look forward to any diversion from that mod >_>

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 01:10:41 am »

item stealers / building destroyers will charge fortresses.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 12:21:33 am »

I may give them all building destroyer one, which would still work for that right? And how would i make them item stealers if they weren't an entity?

I have seen Corrosion, and it is a great mod, similar sort of idea. I was aiming for a simple addition of a few zombies from Left 4 Dead and then it's sort of blossomed from there.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.