Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Zombies  (Read 938 times)

TheGazebo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Zombies
« on: February 03, 2012, 08:03:28 am »

So i just started my first evil embark and there are zombie animals literally everywhere. I know I can't kill them fort meat but is there any other use for them? Can I train them into udead war animals or anything?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: Zombies
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 08:05:53 am »

I'd bet no
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 09:52:38 am »

They can be used as easy training for your military.

Other than that, harmless in this version. Skeletons are what you should look out for, but weak all the same against a trained force.

Don't worry, they won't sneak up and bite your head off. Too slow for...anything actually.

TheGazebo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 11:16:36 am »

They aren't exactly threatening right now but they are making it impossible to get anything done in the fort. I'm sick of seeing "Urist McHauler cancels job: interrupted by zombie buzzard"

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 12:16:33 pm »

Catch them all and stuff them into a single cage. Then when the first goblin siege comes unleash the undead horde upon their faces and send in your militia to clean up whatever is left over.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 03:31:44 pm »

Moat full of undead. Cover it with a retractable bridge. When nasties show up, retract bridge. (To stop civvies getting spooked).