Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I didn't expect this when I replaced [pet_exotic] ...  (Read 4992 times)

Mintaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I didn't expect this when I replaced [pet_exotic] ...
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2012, 03:31:09 pm »

I only have the 1 rooster though! do my hens need him to keep laying eggs? If not I shall happily assign him to one of my marksdwarves! :P

I may attempt to train some unlikely animals as war animals. Any suggestions? I'm in an untamed wilds/something else area, (I think?) though I don't seem to get very vicious animals Camels, Yaks. Then underground I get naked mole dog (<-possible candidate?), GCS and Elk Birds
They will keep laying eggs without a rooster around, but the eggs won't hatch.  If all you want to do with the eggs is eat them, you'll be fine.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2012, 03:42:26 pm »

Sorry, still stuck at "Hunting with his cock" imagining a dwarf  with 8ft of piercerd schlong sneaking up on moose and clubbing them to death with his prince albert.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2012, 05:47:41 pm »

Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2012, 09:02:05 pm »

War camels: more effective than war dogs.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2012, 09:04:50 pm »

Why is it considered lucky to have a camel spit in front of you?

They usually have better aim ...
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

lemmily

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • BatFinchBears
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2012, 09:20:02 pm »

When I first posted this I didn't even register/think of the fact a rooster actually has another name, which also has another meaning. Haha! well you guys added some disturbing amusement to my evening (as expected of Bay12)

I shall endeavour to train all bunnies and roosters in the art-form of war in your honour!.....

... maybe some camels/yaks too just in case
I make furry things - BatFinch Bears

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2012, 10:27:58 pm »

Sorry, still stuck at "Hunting with his cock" imagining a dwarf  with 8ft of piercerd schlong sneaking up on moose and clubbing them to death with his prince albert.

Well.. at least that's better than my IRL experience.

When I was 3, I was visciously attacked by a fighting cock that some morons dumped out at a county lake while my family was camping there for the weekend.  I have scars all over my bum and inside my thighs from the experience. (Gnarly purple ones a quarter inch wide. They stretched as I grew.)

As you can imagine, it makes for some interesting conversation when I tell people I was visciously attacked by an angry cock. Lol!  I am quite lucky, the scar tissue is very deep, and barely missed my femural artery on my right leg. That was ages ago though. I barely remember the event that produced the scars, so its all good.

lemmily

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • BatFinchBears
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2012, 08:50:03 am »

When I was 3, I was visciously attacked by a fighting cock that some morons dumped out at a county lake while my family was camping there for the weekend.  I have scars all over my bum and inside my thighs from the experience. (Gnarly purple ones a quarter inch wide. They stretched as I grew.)

As you can imagine, it makes for some interesting conversation when I tell people I was visciously attacked by an angry cock. Lol!  I am quite lucky, the scar tissue is very deep, and barely missed my femural artery on my right leg. That was ages ago though. I barely remember the event that produced the scars, so its all good.

Did the thing have spurs on?! or are their claws really that brutal :S ouch! well at least it's just a vague memory and not something you can vividly remember!

but the part you quoted from wannazzaki was one of the more disturbing comments! :P
I make furry things - BatFinch Bears

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2012, 09:00:33 am »

That's pretty cool. Make sure you assign it to a dwarf, though. That way, they can go hunting with their cock.
Sig'd

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2012, 09:43:59 am »

Did the thing have spurs on?! or are their claws really that brutal :S ouch! well at least it's just a vague memory and not something you can vividly remember!

but the part you quoted from wannazzaki was one of the more disturbing comments! :P

Yes, it had the spurrs on.  Not that it would have mattered, that breed of rooster naturally grows a long fixed talon there anyway, and can be over 2 inches long naturally. The cockfighters just augment it further with bits of sharp metal.

The most I remember was that it was white with a black tail. The experience must have been particularly traumtic, because that is where my recallection fails.

As for the comment quoted.. yes. I know. Lol.  You try telling somebody that your bum was visciously savaged by an angry cock and see the looks people give. ;) 

Still, I would think for an unarmored adversary that war rooster might be a little OP, from personal experience.
Pages: 1 [2]