Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Your top 5 deaths!  (Read 15426 times)

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: Your top 5 deaths!
« Reply #75 on: October 29, 2011, 08:42:18 pm »

Always take archers out first, my awesome dragon slayer found that out the hard way.

oh, spinal tissue will return to blue given enough travel time, but it will still cripple them.

yeah, i figured out to kill archers first, since my goons can handle themself fine but not when being shot at, and i know some things will turn blue etc given time, however, since he destroyed both my lungs and disabled my legs, I dont think I had much time. And this was in 1 swing!
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

keyreper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 08, 2011, 08:24:40 pm »

platypus plus winter plus legendary swimmer.... don't ask
The anwser to life, the universe, and everything as we know it is -MAGMA-

nymall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2011, 07:07:18 pm »

1.Surviving the fall into Candyland, defeating the surrounding clowns, only to die of burning.
2.Night hag encounter five minutes out of town. Goddamit.
3.Pulling the wrong lever in one of my abandoned forts, opening the floodgate maintenece instead of emptying the reserves.
4.Shot with a crossbow, falling unconscious and slowly being cut to death by human villagers.
5. Alt + right and choosing to enter open space instead of muddy river below, then drowning. Sigh.

agertor

• Bay Watcher
  • Socks, so useful I wear them
    • View Profile
    • Hey it's me on Steam.
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2011, 03:39:15 pm »

1. Went to go face an Amber Titan who gored me through my gut against a stone wall, the stone wall he rammed to broke off his head. He also apparently exploded which caused all my companions to fly in different directions to be thrown and die. I don't think there was a single survivor, I died from the resulting explosion getting re-thrown against the stone which i was gored into.

2. Went on a trip to go fight a Titan that was bothering the king I took a quest from. This made me have to travel across the mountains, being completely healthy and having already defeated a Minotaur and a Lizard Titan thing, I figured the mountains wouldn't cause trouble. My companions got lost hunting one by one, or died. I couldn't tell. With no one left on the mountain a Yak Bull I had not seen kicked me off the mountain, fell to my death.

3. I had gotten a quest to go kill this bandit boss, and I accepted figuring it would be easy. For some reason there was also an overlord there. The two of them together defeated my companions alone. Forcing me to fight the duo alone. It was fairly quick and I died from blood loss after they cut off both my arms and sliced me up some.

4. A demon had taken place as a king. This was when I was starting. I figure a demi-god character could handle the demon and his little knife. I never touched him, and he severed my upper spine. I watched as I couldn't do anything when he continuously stabbed me to death.

5. After a slaughter of a human town I had grown tired of, their numbers had gotten to this character a bit. I had lost one arm and my guts were spilled out. Somehow surviving all this and magically putting my guts back into my body for it to heal, I went to go retired in another country's town. Having forgotten my companions had turned against me cause of the attack, I was attacked by bogeymen. I kill every last one, but not with having heavy bleeding, two broken legs and me trying to crawl away with one arm.
I AM THE SOCK PUPPET MAN
I came back with my sandwich. That was the saddest sandwich, I had ever eaten in my entire life.
you are an evil person sock.

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2011, 12:38:17 am »

Only got one great one.

Got a quest to kill a bandit bowman.  There were some bolts in his camp.  I snuck up, stole the bundle of bolts, and proceeded to harass his entire force by pelting them with thrown bolts.  Killed like three of them.  One of them spots me.  I fend him off with my sword, slice off an arm, he bleeds to death - and that turn the bowman leader sees me and hits me square in the neck with an arrow, lodging the arrow in my neck.  I immediately spot him, pull the arrow out of my spurting jugular, and throw it at him as hard as I can.

It hits him in the gut and disembowels him.  I run over to his corpse to celebrate and loot it and die of blood loss.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Oyster

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2011, 09:06:10 am »

1.dodged into lake while fighting bogeymen
2.goblin ambush while peasant
3.got killed by the "held bunnies" bandit group just after i killed an ettin alone (in the end of the battle,i had an complete inability to attack with both my legs gone,my teeth gone and motory nerves in my arms severed)
4.cow,do not ask
5.brain torn by epic punch of wrestler
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 09:09:23 am by Oyster »

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2011, 11:04:28 am »

frozen while swimming a lake
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Krelm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2011, 04:15:36 am »

Just recently:

1. First day swordsdorf with no armor gets mobbed by 5 boogeymen and cuts them all in half. I think, "Well, I feel like a badass, let's go kill this night creature woman groom spouse thing!" It kills me in about three turns.

2. Three or four day swordsdorf goes and fights that same woman groom thing. It kills all three of my companions, gets a name and a title, and I manage to finish it off with luck. One of my companions was still alive so I decided to give him a mercy blow. Apparently that makes your entire civilization hate you. Who knew! I decided to kill as many peasants and possible before they knifed me to death.

Iton Ibrukrithzam

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: Curious nature]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2011, 05:01:16 am »

Modded kobolds to be playable in adventure mode.  So adorable.

First one got decapitated by a carp.
Iton Ibrukrithzam enjoys mahogany, diorite, jade, and native gold.  He enjoys giant tigers for their predatory nature, foxes for their many tails, and boobs for their fine shape.  He is absolutely disgusted by spiders.  When possible, he prefers to consume pizza, soda, and goldschlager.

Mekboy

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEGABEAST_EATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 27, 2011, 06:43:07 am »

Fighting a Bronze Collossus I managed to remove both its arms. It promptly kicked me into a pillar so hard that I exploded.
Quote from: CatalystParadox
Aw, Mekboy! A song for meeeee?
You're so sweet.  Why don't you just come in here so I can give you a hug.
... bring my pants.
You seem to be under the illusion that we give a shit about what happens to dwarves who are too dumb to live.

Lexyvil

• Bay Watcher
  • Serenading the folk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2011, 11:48:00 am »

1. Drowning in a puddle
2. Swimming too deep and instantly turning into ice.
3. Fighting a Giraffe in an endless battle which the result was my death.
4. Bogeyman.
5. God damn bogeymans.
My post ends here.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 03, 2012, 06:29:40 pm »

5: Swimming in winter. Enough said.
4: Minotaur grabbed me by the ear and threw me into a wall, where I detonated on impact.
3: Evade night creatures only to stumble into a hostile bandit camp
2: Horse
1: A narrow man or something like that stabs my eyes out with his meat cleaver, then slowly cuts off my extremeties until I bleed to death, having passed out from pain when he punched me in the foot.

Edit: 2 more:
1: Former adventurers that I retire in the town that I killed everyone in just now, oh god I'm so sorry Urist McBadass...
2: <Genesis Mod> Cast petrification spell, forget to throw it, get caught in a burst of petrification, laugh it off, then five turns later completely paralyzed. The groundhog I was training on beat the sh*t out of me until I eventually suffocated.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 06:35:27 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Maxmurder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 03, 2012, 10:17:45 pm »

Legs and arms cut off, then proceeding to bite a bandits legs off before bleeding out. (monty python anyone?)

Taking a pause from combat to pick up a silver whip, shot in head.
"Ohh shiny!" thwap!

Shot in the upper spine by an old shopkeeper armed with a crossbow. The whole village came out to cut a quadrapeligic to death with boning knives.

wolves...
The Sponge has become enraged!
Without a nervous system...
The only thing they can feel...
IS ANGER.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]