Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Limb Loss  (Read 2022 times)

LoneTophat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Limb Loss
« on: January 27, 2012, 09:31:43 pm »

I'm playing Genesis as a steel dwarf and I just lost my entire foot. (I have no idea how, last I checked my third toe had been cut off.)
Wait, can you lose a foot to infection or amputation? ._.
Also, can I survive and fight on as a true Dwarven Axelord without my left foot? Lol. x.x

m4davis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Limb Loss
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 11:58:15 pm »

can I survive and fight on as a true Dwarven Axelord without my left foot? Lol. x.x
your not a dwarf if you can't

Teach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 12:13:52 am »

You won't get infections because you're a steel dwarf (I think). 

However, this is genesis mod so your chances of surviving a hand/foot loss are not too great (it's definitely possible).

A lower arm/leg loss is generally fatal. 

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 04:59:37 am »

Get a crutch. You will be falling over if you lack a foot.

Speed will be lowered, but you are a Steel Dwarf! Time heals all wounds (not literal here, bye bye foot).

The Steel caste shall never fall to disease. Lucky you.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 09:07:05 am »

the odds of infection are low but the only thing you can do to try and stop it is to cut more of your leg off.

you will be slower untill to get good a useing your crutch.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

LoneTophat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 01:14:54 pm »

I never found a crutch in time. I butchered many a creature though. I finally fell in glorious battle, watching my comrade orcs fall like wheat to the scythe. ._.
I will forever be known as the Dwarf who killed (Name) the Western Dragon :D While crawling about on the ground. :P

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 09:07:19 pm »

in genesis you can craft a crutch. dive into the 'x' menu sometime.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 09:09:09 pm »

Hey, I'm pretty sure that eventually, if you get good enough at walking with a crutch, you can go faster than you did before. :P Try swimming and sneaking whilst holding a crutch for even better results...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2012, 09:13:42 pm »

Hey, I'm pretty sure that eventually, if you get good enough at walking with a crutch, you can go faster than you did before. :P Try swimming and sneaking whilst holding a crutch for even better results...

funnily enough, the levels gained in crutch walking DO improve your stats, resulting in faster walking.

m4davis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 09:46:13 pm »

I will forever be known as the Dwarf who killed (Name) the Western Dragon :D While crawling about on the ground. :P
the dwarves fortresses will make a official ritual in your honer in which a single dwarf must cut off his own foot and go adventuring for the rest of his life

LoneTophat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 01:53:05 am »

the dwarves fortresses will make a official ritual in your honer in which a single dwarf must cut off his own foot and go adventuring for the rest of his life

Well, now my new dwarven adventurer, who's killed two dragons and a few giants, just had his entire right arm rot from corrosive acid. God damn.
Wait, does a rotten limb mean it'll fall off?

EDIT: HOW DO I STOP THE BLEEDING!
SUPEREDIT: Nevermind. Bled to death ._.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 01:57:44 am by LoneTophat »

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2012, 08:36:55 pm »

Of all the times I have played, not ONCE have I lost a limb. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

[EDIT:] My luck's ran out now- I fought a sea monster on Genesis and it ate both of my legs, cut my abdomen open and ripped open my stomach. Just when I thought I was a goner, the monster just walked off...Why would it walk off when it had me right where it wanted me?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 09:13:38 pm by jetex1911 »
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2012, 09:29:03 pm »

Of all the times I have played, not ONCE have I lost a limb. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

[EDIT:] My luck's ran out now- I fought a sea monster on Genesis and it ate both of my legs, cut my abdomen open and ripped open my stomach. Just when I thought I was a goner, the monster just walked off...Why would it walk off when it had me right where it wanted me?

sea monsters actually seem to get bored sometimes, i have had them wander off while fighting my militia.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 02:25:01 am »

sea monsters actually seem to get bored sometimes, i have had them wander off while fighting my militia.

That's awesome. I wonder if it is in the raws. Is it a Godzilla reference? It always wonders off somehow
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?